* convenience sort function
@ 2013-09-23  9:48 Christian Wittern
From: Christian Wittern @ 2013-09-23  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear org users,

I would like to define a convenience sort function to sort on a certain
property (e.g PRE), which I can assign to a key, so that I can avoid having
to type

C-^ r PRE <RET>

It seems that I want to call org-sort-entries, which has the following
signature:

(defun org-sort-entries
   (&optional with-case sorting-type getkey-func compare-func property)

 From the docstring, I learn that I have to use ?r to sort on properties and
the last parameter is the property to sort on, "PRE" in this case.  However,
what I do not understand is what I should give for getkey-func and
compare-func.
Something like this
(org-sort-entries t ?r t t "PRE")
or this
(org-sort-entries t ?r nil nil "PRE")
does not work, and reading the source does not give me any clues (probably
because I do not understand what is going on....)

Any help would be apprectiated,

Christian

--
Christian Wittern, Kyoto

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-09-23  9:49 UTC | newest]