* How to type A[0] in org w/o footnote
@ 2009-05-26 14:15 Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2009-05-26 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Experts,

I tried to type A[0] in a document with orgmode, but it gives me the
footnote link. I could use A[ 0] for a quick replacement, but are there any
better way to tell org not interpreting the footnote?

Thanks!

Xin

* Re: How to type A[0] in org w/o footnote
@ 2009-05-26 15:21 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-26 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 26, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Xin Shi wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> I tried to type A[0] in a document with orgmode, but it gives me the
> footnote link. I could use A[ 0] for a quick replacement, but are
> there any better way to tell org not interpreting the footnote?

One way would be to always code code emphasis when typing something
like this which is probably some kind of code snippet?

So either

#+begin_src c
    a[0] += 33
#+end_src

or

The pointer referenced by =a[0]= points to the first real number
in the array =a=

The second method will still highlight the [0] as a link in org-mode
because of
bad font-lock setup.  However, during export this should behave fine.

- Carsten

* Re: How to type A[0] in org w/o footnote
@ 2009-05-26 17:18   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-05-26 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On May 26, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Xin Shi wrote:
>
>> I tried to type A[0] in a document with orgmode, but it gives me the
>> footnote link. I could use A[ 0] for a quick replacement, but are
>> there any better way to tell org not interpreting the footnote?
>
> One way would be to always code code emphasis when typing something
> like this which is probably some kind of code snippet?
>
> So either
>
> #+begin_src c
>    a[0] += 33
> #+end_src
>

> or
>
> The pointer referenced by =a[0]= points to the first real number
> in the array =a=
>

> The second method will still highlight the [0] as a link in org-mode
> because of
> bad font-lock setup.  However, during export this should behave fine.

Another method is to turn off footnote handling in your export options
line  (f:nil)

,----
`----

-Bernt

* Re: How to type A[0] in org w/o footnote
@ 2009-05-26 17:42     ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2009-05-26 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik