* Bug: (org-attach-dir) doesn't honor ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT
@ 2010-02-21 22:35 Nicolas Girard
From: Nicolas Girard @ 2010-02-21 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
given the following test document, calling (org-attach-dir) when in b
should give '/tmp' ; currently the result is nil, which breaks C-c C-a
f.

Cheers,
Nicolas

=======
* a
:PROPERTIES:
:ATTACH_DIR: /tmp
:END:
** b
:PROPERTIES:
:ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT: t
:END:

* Re: Bug: (org-attach-dir) doesn't honor ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT
@ 2010-02-22 18:00 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-02-22 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Girard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@nerim.net> writes:

> given the following test document, calling (org-attach-dir) when in b
> should give '/tmp' ; currently the result is nil, which breaks C-c C-a
> f.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolas
>
> =======
> * a
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ATTACH_DIR: /tmp
> :END:
> ** b
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT: t
> :END:

The :ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT: property needs to be set in the parent tree,
since that is the heading whose attach directory is being inherited.

* a
 :PROPERTIES:
 :ATTACH_DIR: /tmp
 :ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT: t
 :END:
** b

With this structure, calling (org-attach-dir) beneath the "b" heading
results in "/tmp".

Best,
Matt

* Re: Bug: (org-attach-dir) doesn't honor ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT
@ 2010-02-23  8:29   ` Nicolas Girard
From: Nicolas Girard @ 2010-02-23  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2010/2/22 Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>:
> Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@nerim.net> writes:
>

> The :ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT: property needs to be set in the parent tree,
> since that is the heading whose attach directory is being inherited.

Hi Matt,

indeed, I got this wrong. Thanks for your explanations !

Nicolas