* Bibliography and ODT
@ 2013-07-14 19:00 Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2013-07-14 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm finishing a paper that will need to be submitted to the publisher as
MS Word. I use neither Word nor Libre/OpenOffice. I need to have a
bibliography with cross-references from the text and intended to export
from org to ODT then Word.  My bibliography file is in bibtex format.
After a search I see various messages discussing bibliographies but I'm
unsure what the current situation is with respect to exporting to
ODT.    Can someone enlighten me? If direct export to ODT of a document
with a bibliography is not currently implemented, can someone suggest a
workflow to get from org -> ODT?

Thanks,
Roger

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php

* Re: Bibliography and ODT
@ 2013-07-14 19:37 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2013-07-14 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Mason; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

What seems to work for most people is exporting to latex, running
bibtex, and using one of these tools to convert to ODT:

- TeX4ht (the usual recommendation)
- Pandoc

or to convert to a format that ODT imports reasonably well:

- LaTeX2RTF (and import RTF into LibreOffice)
- LaTeX2HTML (and copy-paste or import HTML into LibreOffice)

If you're feeling adventurous, you may want to try a half-baked solution
of mine:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-01/msg00128.html
Feedback is appreciated.

Yours,
Christian

@ 2013-07-14 20:06   ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2013-07-14 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Moe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

hello Christian,

On 07/14/2013 05:07 PM, Christian Moe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What seems to work for most people is exporting to latex, running
> bibtex, and using one of these tools to convert to ODT:
>
> - TeX4ht (the usual recommendation)
> - Pandoc
>
> or to convert to a format that ODT imports reasonably well:
>
> - LaTeX2RTF (and import RTF into LibreOffice)
> - LaTeX2HTML (and copy-paste or import HTML into LibreOffice)
>
> If you're feeling adventurous, you may want to try a half-baked solution
> of mine:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-01/msg00128.html
> Feedback is appreciated.
>
> Yours,
> Christian

Thanks.  I'll try one (or more) of those.

Cheers,