* Emacs org-mode mailing list filter by category / tag?
@ 2013-04-08  8:37 Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2013-04-08  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

obviously this is a very active forum.
But due to the activity I am getting too much
emails. I would like to filter by tag/category
when registering. I think this is definitely
needed to reduce the amount of mails before (!)
it arrives.

Is this possible right now? If so, how?
If not, could this list be enhanced to provide it?

Cheers,
Matt

* Re: Emacs org-mode mailing list filter by category / tag?
@ 2013-04-08 19:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-08 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Buddy Butterfly; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matt,

Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:

> obviously this is a very active forum.
> But due to the activity I am getting too much
> emails. I would like to filter by tag/category
> when registering. I think this is definitely
> needed to reduce the amount of mails before (!)
> it arrives.

We already encourage some soft labelling but we cannot
enforce anything here.

> Is this possible right now? If so, how?
> If not, could this list be enhanced to provide it?

I don't think the list can be enhanced.

One solution for people who don't want to receive tons
of emails is to follow the list through gmane.org: you
just need a news reader (Gnus comes to mind) and to
subscribe to the gmane.emacs.orgmode newsgroup.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

@ 2013-04-09  7:57   ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2013-04-09  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

thanks for the info. This is indeed a good proposal.
I will switch to the newsgroup for reading.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Matt

@ 2013-04-09  9:45   ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2013-04-09  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

how to configure the group to subscribe to in gnus
directly (.emacs file)? When configuring news.gmane.org as server
gnus hangs for long time and server closes connection.
I guess it times out requesting all groups.

@ 2013-04-09  9:52     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-09  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Buddy Butterfly; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Buddy,

Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:

> how to configure the group to subscribe to in gnus
> directly (.emacs file)? When configuring news.gmane.org as server
> gnus hangs for long time and server closes connection.
> I guess it times out requesting all groups.

Please take this discussion to the Gnus mailing list:
  http://www.gnus.org/resources.html

You cannot both complain that there are too many messages
on this list and add new off-topic ones ;)

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

@ 2013-04-09 11:02       ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2013-04-09 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastian,

true ;-)
I just wanted to know the best method.

Thanks,
Matt

@ 2013-04-10 20:27         ` Buddy Butterfly
From: Buddy Butterfly @ 2013-04-10 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 09.04.2013 13:02, schrieb Buddy Butterfly:
> Hi Bastian,
>
> true ;-)
> I just wanted to know the best method.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>

> Am 09.04.2013 11:52, schrieb Bastien:
>> Hi Buddy,
>>
>> Buddy Butterfly <buddy.butterfly@web.de> writes:
>>
>>> how to configure the group to subscribe to in gnus
>>> directly (.emacs file)? When configuring news.gmane.org as server
>>> gnus hangs for long time and server closes connection.
>>> I guess it times out requesting all groups.
>> Please take this discussion to the Gnus mailing list:
>>   http://www.gnus.org/resources.html
>>
>> You cannot both complain that there are too many messages
>> on this list and add new off-topic ones ;)
>>
>> Thanks!

test