* Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug
@ 2013-02-10 18:01 Anders Johansson
From: Anders Johansson @ 2013-02-10 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
When I'm exporting to icalendar, the priorities of todo items (or
perhaps any items) don't get carried through correctly. It always falls
back to priority 5 (the default).

After doing some edebugging I found that

     (string-match org-priority-regexp hd)   [org-icalendar.el:539]

never seems to match.

This might be because 'hd' is group 4 "True headline" from the matching
done with 'org-complex-heading-regexp' whereas group 3 according to this
variable's docstring should hold the "Priority cookie".

I guess someone who has greater knowledge of the code could see if this
is really the case and fix it.

I can provide more debugging output and examples if needed and if others
can't reproduce this.

Greetings,
Anders Johansson

* Re: Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug
@ 2013-02-10 19:31 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-10 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Johansson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Anders Johansson <mejlaandersj@gmail.com> writes:

> When I'm exporting to icalendar, the priorities of todo items (or
> perhaps any items) don't get carried through correctly. It always
> falls back to priority 5 (the default).
>
> After doing some edebugging I found that
>
>     (string-match org-priority-regexp hd)   [org-icalendar.el:539]
>
> never seems to match.
>
> This might be because 'hd' is group 4 "True headline" from the
> matching done with 'org-complex-heading-regexp' whereas group
> 3 according to this variable's docstring should hold the "Priority
> cookie".
>
> I guess someone who has greater knowledge of the code could see if
> this is really the case and fix it.
>
> I can provide more debugging output and examples if needed and if
> others can't reproduce this.

iCalendar export back-end has been rewritten. It is accessible from the
git distribution of Org. I didn't check if that bug is still present
though.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Icalendar-export, priorities missing, possible bug
@ 2013-02-10 21:56   ` Anders Johansson
From: Anders Johansson @ 2013-02-10 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

2013-02-10 20:31, Nicolas Goaziou skrev:
> Hello,
>
> Anders Johansson <mejlaandersj@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> When I'm exporting to icalendar, the priorities of todo items (or
>> perhaps any items) don't get carried through correctly. It always
>> falls back to priority 5 (the default).
>>
>> After doing some edebugging I found that
>>
>>      (string-match org-priority-regexp hd)   [org-icalendar.el:539]
>>
>> never seems to match.
>>
>> This might be because 'hd' is group 4 "True headline" from the
>> matching done with 'org-complex-heading-regexp' whereas group
>> 3 according to this variable's docstring should hold the "Priority
>> cookie".
>>
>> I guess someone who has greater knowledge of the code could see if
>> this is really the case and fix it.
>>
>> I can provide more debugging output and examples if needed and if
>> others can't reproduce this.
> iCalendar export back-end has been rewritten. It is accessible from the
> git distribution of Org. I didn't check if that bug is still present
> though.
>

> Regards,

Oh, that looks completely different. Taking a look at the newest git
source, priority is now found like this (ox-icalendar.el)

  705                      (let ((pri (or (org-element-property
:priority entry)
  706                                     org-default-priority)))

and assuming this is consistent with the new framework it should of
course work, but I haven't tested yet.

Funny that I found this problem now, using the less than a week old
ELPA-package (20130204), when the new export framework was "moved into
core" (commit 8dd2bf) just three days ago.

Greetings,
Anders Johansson