* Re: Exchange calendar to orgmode (Chris Raschl)
       [not found] <mailman.107.1354208419.12827.emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
@ 2012-11-29 18:03 ` Russell Carden
From: Russell Carden @ 2012-11-29 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: cr

Hi Russell,

On 11/29/2012 06:35 PM, Russell Carden wrote:
> Can you tell me more about your script or about how a calendar in an
> exchange server works.

All it does is fetch your calendar and use the subject as headline and
formats the date scheduled in the event so orgmode can pick it up.

> Each event has a unique id?

On the exchange server side, i guess. But it's not used in my script.

> Do you dump this info into your org-file.

It does write the result to stdout. I use a cronjob to execute it and
redirect it's output into a file which is configured as agenda file in
orgmode.

> Does your script sync the org-file with the exchange
> server?

No. It's just exchange to orgmode. It does no sync at all.

 > Would it be possible to create a link from org-mode that would
> open up a particular event in your exchange calendar?

Possibly to the OWA webinterface. But I'm not sure about that.

Wouldn't you prefer to discuss this on the list? Maybe others are
interested too...

- chris

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-11-29 18:03 UTC | newest]