* Re: Replacing links with section numbers in ASCII export
@ 2012-10-25 12:44 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-25 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mats Kindahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mats Kindahl <mats.kindahl@oracle.com> writes:

> I would like to get references to sections replaced with the section
> number in ASCII export instead of the link name, that is, something
> similar to how LaTeX handles \label and \ref (but for ASCII export). Is
> this possible?
>
> For example:
>
>     * Top Header
>
>     ** Inner Header
>
>     Some text...
>
>     ** Other Inner Header
>
>     Here I would like to have a reference to [[Inner Header]] as a
>     section /number/.

It is possible in the new (experimental) exporter.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Replacing links with section numbers in ASCII export
@ 2012-10-25 12:44 Mats Kindahl
From: Mats Kindahl @ 2012-10-25 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I would like to get references to sections replaced with the section
number in ASCII export instead of the link name, that is, something
similar to how LaTeX handles \label and \ref (but for ASCII export). Is
this possible?

For example:

    * Top Header

    ** Inner Header

    Some text...

    ** Other Inner Header

    Here I would like to have a reference to [[Inner Header]] as a
    section /number/.

Best wishes,
Mats Kindahl

* Re: Replacing links with section numbers in ASCII export
@ 2012-10-25 14:12   ` Mats Kindahl
From: Mats Kindahl @ 2012-10-25 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 10/25/2012 02:44 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mats Kindahl <mats.kindahl@oracle.com> writes:
>
>> I would like to get references to sections replaced with the section
>> number in ASCII export instead of the link name, that is, something
>> similar to how LaTeX handles \label and \ref (but for ASCII export). Is
>> this possible?
>>
>> For example:
>>
>>     * Top Header
>>
>>     ** Inner Header
>>
>>     Some text...
>>
>>     ** Other Inner Header
>>
>>     Here I would like to have a reference to [[Inner Header]] as a
>>     section /number/.
> It is possible in the new (experimental) exporter.

That is nice. I assume that I have to use the development branch in that
case?

/Matz

--
Senior Principal Software Developer
Oracle, MySQL Department

* Re: Replacing links with section numbers in ASCII export
@ 2012-10-25 14:15     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-25 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mats Kindahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mats Kindahl <mats.kindahl@oracle.com> writes:

> That is nice. I assume that I have to use the development branch in that
> case?

Yes, its merge is planned for Org 8.0. For now it lies in the contrib/
directory.

If you want to try it, assuming contrib/ is in your load-patch, just
require the back-end(s) you need, in this case (require 'org-e-ascii),
and call M-x org-export-dispatch.

* Re: Replacing links with section numbers in ASCII export
@ 2012-10-25 14:21       ` Mats Kindahl
From: Mats Kindahl @ 2012-10-25 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 10/25/2012 04:15 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Mats Kindahl <mats.kindahl@oracle.com> writes:
>
>> That is nice. I assume that I have to use the development branch in that
>> case?
> Yes, its merge is planned for Org 8.0. For now it lies in the contrib/
> directory.
>
> If you want to try it, assuming contrib/ is in your load-patch, just
> require the back-end(s) you need, in this case (require 'org-e-ascii),
> and call M-x org-export-dispatch.

OK. Thanks!

I'll try it out.

/Matz