* Latex export to HTML
@ 2008-12-01  0:23 Letitia and Drew Hodge
From: Letitia and Drew Hodge @ 2008-12-01  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm trying to export to HTML org files that contain Latex maths
fragments.  I can successfully export to PDF and I can see properly
typeset maths when I use the preview command (C-c C-x, C-l), but when
I export to HTML, I see just Latex code.

I'm using Org mode 6.13b in GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0,
Carbon Version 1.6.0) on Mac OS 10.5.5 and I have dvipng installed and
working.

Is anyone exporting Latex math to HTML successfully on a Mac -- and is
there anything I need to do outside the instructions in the latest Org
Manual?

Thanks very much.

Drew Hodge

PS: If you read this Carsten, Org mode is an amazing piece of work --
I don't know where I'd be without it. Thanks for all your time and
effort.

* Re: Latex export to HTML
@ 2008-12-01 16:09 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-01 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Letitia and Drew Hodge; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

thanks for your nice words about Org-mode.

As to your question, please take a look at the variable

     org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments

You will need to have the dvipng program installed.  Many
people don't, and that is why this option is off by default.

Also, take a look at `org-format-latex-options'.

HTH

- Carsten

On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:23 AM, Letitia and Drew Hodge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to export to HTML org files that contain Latex maths
> fragments.  I can successfully export to PDF and I can see properly
> typeset maths when I use the preview command (C-c C-x, C-l), but when
> I export to HTML, I see just Latex code.
>
> I'm using Org mode 6.13b in GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0,
> Carbon Version 1.6.0) on Mac OS 10.5.5 and I have dvipng installed and
> working.
>
> Is anyone exporting Latex math to HTML successfully on a Mac -- and is
> there anything I need to do outside the instructions in the latest Org
> Manual?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Drew Hodge
>
> PS: If you read this Carsten, Org mode is an amazing piece of work --
> I don't know where I'd be without it. Thanks for all your time and
> effort.

* Re: Latex export to HTML
@ 2008-12-02  0:00   ` Letitia and Drew Hodge
From: Letitia and Drew Hodge @ 2008-12-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Perfect -- thanks very much, Carsten.  And thanks for the pointer to
org-format-latex-options too.

Regards,

Drew