* How to turn off font-lock-mode per file
@ 2012-06-27 16:01 Enda
From: Enda @ 2012-06-27 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

How do you turn off font-lock-mode per file (an org file)?

Best wishes,

Enda

* Re: How to turn off font-lock-mode per file
@ 2012-06-27 16:43 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-06-27 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enda; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Enda <enda_k2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How do you turn off font-lock-mode per file (an org file)?

A lot of your questions are emacs questions and you could find the
answers in the emacs manual, e.g. this exact question is answered in
sec.48.2.4.1, "Specifying File Variables", of the emacs manual:

(info "(emacs) Specifying File Variables")

Nick

* Re: How to turn off font-lock-mode per file
@ 2012-06-27 16:46 ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2012-06-27 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enda; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Add a file local variable.

"M-x add-file-local-variable"
Write "mode" for the variable and "font-lock-mode" for its value (without
quotes).

I tested this and it worked.

--
Darlan

@ 2012-06-27 16:56   ` Enda
From: Enda @ 2012-06-27 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos@hp.com; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks, I already read that section of the manual.

I know I can turn on font-lock-mode for any file with
# -*- mode: font-lock; -*-
even though it is the default, the manual does not specify how to turn off a mode.

(I know C-u -1 M-x font-lock-mode always disables font lock mode, but I do not know how do this in the file.)

Best wishes,

Enda

________________________________

@ 2012-06-27 17:03     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-06-27 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enda; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Enda <enda_k2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I already read that section of the manual.
>
> I know I can turn on font-lock-mode for any file with
> # -*- mode: font-lock; -*-
> even though it is the default, the manual does not specify how to turn off a mode.
>
> (I know C-u -1 M-x font-lock-mode always disables font lock mode, but I do not know how do this in
> the file.)

Then you must not have read this portion:

,----
|    Do not use the `mode' keyword for minor modes.  To enable or disable
| a minor mode in a local variables list, use the `eval' keyword with a
| Lisp expression that runs the mode command (*note Minor Modes::).  For
| example, the following local variables list enables Eldoc mode (*note
| Lisp Doc::) by calling `eldoc-mode' with no argument (calling it with
| an argument of 1 would do the same), and disables Font Lock mode (*note
| Font Lock::) by calling `font-lock-mode' with an argument of -1.
|
|      ;; Local Variables:
|      ;; eval: (eldoc-mode)
|      ;; eval: (font-lock-mode -1)
|      ;; End: