* Question about Sorting All Day Events in Agenda View
@ 2012-01-24 13:43 Tatsuhito Koya
From: Tatsuhito Koya @ 2012-01-24 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I use Org-Mode with Calendar/Diary integration turned on. This works
well for me, but the only issue I have is that in the agenda view, all
day events such as holidays and anniversaries are displayed at the
bottom. I have many tasks, so sometimes I need to scroll down quite a
bit to see those events.

Is there a way to put them at the top?

What I see

     Monday     16 January 2012 W03
       [Task1]
       [Task2]
       [Task3]
       Diary:      Martin Luther King Day
       Diary:      My Friend's anniversary

What I would like to see

     Monday     16 January 2012 W03
       Diary:      Martin Luther King Day
       Diary:      My Friend's anniversary
       [Task1]
       [Task2]
       [Task3]

Thank you,

* Re: Question about Sorting All Day Events in Agenda View
@ 2012-01-24 16:22 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-01-24 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tatsuhito Koya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Tatsuhito Koya <tkoya96@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I use Org-Mode with Calendar/Diary integration turned on. This works
> well for me, but the only issue I have is that in the agenda view, all
> day events such as holidays and anniversaries are displayed at the
> bottom. I have many tasks, so sometimes I need to scroll down quite a
> bit to see those events.
>
> Is there a way to put them at the top?

Have a look at

,----[ C-h v org-agenda-sorting-strategy RET ]
| org-agenda-sorting-strategy is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
| Its value is ((agenda habit-down time-up priority-down category-keep)
|  (todo priority-down category-keep)
|  (tags priority-down category-keep)
|  (search category-keep))
|

| Documentation:
| Sorting structure for the agenda items of a single day.
| This is a list of symbols which will be used in sequence to determine
| if an entry should be listed before another entry.  The following
| symbols are recognized:
|
| time-up            Put entries with time-of-day indications first, early first
| time-down          Put entries with time-of-day indications first, late first
| category-keep      Keep the default order of categories, corresponding to the
| 		   sequence in `org-agenda-files'.
| category-up        Sort alphabetically by category, A-Z.
| category-down      Sort alphabetically by category, Z-A.
| tag-up             Sort alphabetically by last tag, A-Z.
| tag-down           Sort alphabetically by last tag, Z-A.
| priority-up        Sort numerically by priority, high priority last.
| priority-down      Sort numerically by priority, high priority first.
| todo-state-up      Sort by todo state, tasks that are done last.
| todo-state-down    Sort by todo state, tasks that are done first.
| effort-up          Sort numerically by estimated effort, high effort last.
| effort-down        Sort numerically by estimated effort, high effort first.
| user-defined-up    Sort according to `org-agenda-cmp-user-defined', high last.
| user-defined-down  Sort according to `org-agenda-cmp-user-defined', high first.
| habit-up           Put entries that are habits first
| habit-down         Put entries that are habits last
| alpha-up           Sort headlines alphabetically
| alpha-down         Sort headlines alphabetically, reversed
|
| The different possibilities will be tried in sequence, and testing stops
| if one comparison returns a "not-equal".  For example, the default
|     '(time-up category-keep priority-down)
| means: Pull out all entries having a specified time of day and sort them,
| in order to make a time schedule for the current day the first thing in the
| agenda listing for the day.  Of the entries without a time indication, keep
| the grouped in categories, don't sort the categories, but keep them in
| the sequence given in `org-agenda-files'.  Within each category sort by
| priority.
|
| Leaving out `category-keep' would mean that items will be sorted across
| categories by priority.
|
| Instead of a single list, this can also be a set of list for specific
| contents, with a context symbol in the car of the list, any of
| `agenda', `todo', `tags', `search' for the corresponding agenda views.
|
| Custom commands can bind this variable in the options section.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.212.g2395c)

* Re: Question about Sorting All Day Events in Agenda View
@ 2012-01-25  3:16   ` Tatsuhito Koya
From: Tatsuhito Koya @ 2012-01-25  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode