* Setting Face of clocking info in Modeline
@ 2012-06-20 14:09 Jeff Rush
From: Jeff Rush @ 2012-06-20 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to colorize/change the size of the clocked-in task info
displayed in the modeline.

I've found the org-clock-heading-function but can't quite figure out how
to wire in a replacement nor whether I can affect the face displayed
with it or just the actual content of the field.

I also found in a Google search the interesting
'org-clock-frame-title-format' implying I might be able to display the
clocked-in task info in the frame header, but no actual example of it
being used.

Is there a correct way of doing this and am I on the right trail?

-Jeff

* Re: Setting Face of clocking info in Modeline
@ 2012-06-21  0:17 ` Moritz Ulrich
From: Moritz Ulrich @ 2012-06-21  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Rush; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Jeff Rush <jrush@taupro.com> writes:

> I also found in a Google search the interesting
> 'org-clock-frame-title-format' implying I might be able to display the
> clocked-in task info in the frame header, but no actual example of it
> being used.

Try setting `org-clock-clocked-in-display' to 'both or 'frame-title.

Cheers,
Moritz

--
Moritz Ulrich

* Re: Setting Face of clocking info in Modeline
@ 2012-06-21  4:40   ` Jeff Rush
From: Jeff Rush @ 2012-06-21  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Moritz Ulrich; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 06/20/2012 07:17 PM, Moritz Ulrich wrote:

> Jeff Rush <jrush@taupro.com> writes:
>
>> I also found in a Google search the interesting
>> 'org-clock-frame-title-format' implying I might be able to display the
>> clocked-in task info in the frame header, but no actual example of it
>> being used.
>
> Try setting `org-clock-clocked-in-display' to 'both or 'frame-title.

Thanks Moritz for this suggestion.  However it doesn't seem to be
implemented in the latest official release, which I'm running:

    app-emacs/org-mode-7.8.11

I give a Git checkout a try, hopefully the master branch is stable.

@ 2012-06-21  5:19     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-06-21  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Rush; +Cc: Moritz Ulrich, emacs-orgmode

Jeff Rush <jrush@taupro.com> wrote:

> On 06/20/2012 07:17 PM, Moritz Ulrich wrote:
> >
> > Jeff Rush <jrush@taupro.com> writes:
> >
> >> I also found in a Google search the interesting
> >> 'org-clock-frame-title-format' implying I might be able to display the
> >> clocked-in task info in the frame header, but no actual example of it
> >> being used.
> >
> > Try setting `org-clock-clocked-in-display' to 'both or 'frame-title.
>
> Thanks Moritz for this suggestion.  However it doesn't seem to be
> implemented in the latest official release, which I'm running:
>
>     app-emacs/org-mode-7.8.11

That's not right - it went in with commit 37fafb7b and git says:

$ git describe 37fafb7b
release_7.8.09-248-g37fafb7

so it should certainly be in 7.8.11:

$ git describe release_7.8.11^
release_7.8.10-603-g8d96bbc

But I get:

$ git describe release_7.8.10^
release_7.8.09-35-ge6560f2

I'm not sure why 37fafb7b is shown relative to 7.8.09 and not 7.8.10 -
perhaps I'm misunderstanding or doing something wrong, but I interpret
this as:

7.8.09 + 36 commits  -> 7.8.10
7.8.10 + 604 commits -> 7.8.11
7.8.09 + 248 commits = 7.8.10 + (248 - 36 = 212 commits) -> 37fafb7b

> I give a Git checkout a try, hopefully the master branch is stable.

It seems to be working fine.

Nick

* Re: Setting Face of clocking info in Modeline
@ 2012-06-21  6:21       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-06-21  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos writes:
> That's not right - it went in with commit 37fafb7b and git says:
>
> $ git describe 37fafb7b
> release_7.8.09-248-g37fafb7

Git describe by default describes from the object pointed to until the
next annotated tag.  Annotated tags live in the maint branch, not in
master for org.  So what the above means is "the relase tag on maint for
7.8.09 plus 248 more commits on master".

> so it should certainly be in 7.8.11:

No.  That commit was done on master and has not yet been merged or
cherry-picked into maint, so it is not in any release yet.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: Setting Face of clocking info in Modeline
@ 2012-06-21 13:28         ` Moritz Ulrich
From: Moritz Ulrich @ 2012-06-21 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Nick Dokos writes:
>> That's not right - it went in with commit 37fafb7b and git says:
>>
>> $ git describe 37fafb7b
>> release_7.8.09-248-g37fafb7
>
> Git describe by default describes from the object pointed to until the
> next annotated tag.  Annotated tags live in the maint branch, not in
> master for org.  So what the above means is "the relase tag on maint for
> 7.8.09 plus 248 more commits on master".
>
>> so it should certainly be in 7.8.11:
>
> No.  That commit was done on master and has not yet been merged or
> cherry-picked into maint, so it is not in any release yet.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

It's definitely in release_7.8.11 (git commit 6cddf74).

lisp/org-clock.el, line 340:

(defcustom org-clock-clocked-in-display 'mode-line
_docstring_
  :group 'org-clock
  :type '(choice
	  (const :tag "Mode line" mode-line)
	  (const :tag "Frame title" frame-title)
	  (const :tag "Both" both)
	  (const :tag "None" nil)))

Followign a link to gitweb. (Sorry for the long link):

[1]:
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob;f=lisp/org-clock.el;h=70c015b38f0a121d313c4d8ead17354da5e6c235;hb=6cddf7425096a743c02b9a17ad8e12b61f514210#l340

Cheers,
Moritz Ulrich

--
Moritz Ulrich

* Re: Setting Face of clocking info in Modeline
@ 2012-06-21 13:46         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-06-21 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:

> Nick Dokos writes:
> > That's not right - it went in with commit 37fafb7b and git says:
> >
> > $ git describe 37fafb7b
> > release_7.8.09-248-g37fafb7
>
> Git describe by default describes from the object pointed to until the
> next annotated tag.  Annotated tags live in the maint branch, not in
> master for org.  So what the above means is "the relase tag on maint for
> 7.8.09 plus 248 more commits on master".
>
> > so it should certainly be in 7.8.11:
>
> No.  That commit was done on master and has not yet been merged or
> cherry-picked into maint, so it is not in any release yet.

OK - thanks for explaining. Time to find out more about tags.
Sorry for the noise.

Nick

* Re: Setting Face of clocking info in Modeline
@ 2012-06-21 14:05           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-06-21 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Moritz Ulrich <ulrich.moritz <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> It's definitely in release_7.8.11 (git commit 6cddf74).

That particular tag is on the wrong side of the merge (on master, not on maint).
 Again, if you want that particular commit, you need to pull from master, not
from maint and not any release published so far.

Achim.