* [FEATURE PROPOSAL]
@ 2012-05-20 22:02 Neil Smithline
From: Neil Smithline @ 2012-05-20 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Since falling in love with Org projects, I've run into one snag that I
don't know how to handle with the current features. I want to be able to
run org-export-project ("\C-c\C-ep") from any file in a directory or
sub-directory. Even if that file is not actually exported. In fact, I'd
like to be able to export from a shell.

For example, assume I have a directory "myproject" with sub-directories
"source", "output", and "tools". The files in "source" are exported to
"output". The files in "tools" and any other files in "myproject" don't
get exported.

Given the above example, I want to be able to run org-export-project
from any file, shell buffer, dired buffer, or whatever, that is in
"myproject"s directory subtree.

New project type definition:
'("myproject-root"
  ;; While :publishing-directory is must be present to make
  ;; org-mode work:
  ;;     `:base-directory'
  ;;     `:recursive'
  ;;     `:catch-all-project'
  ;; are the only ones used. :catch-all-project is a boolean.
  ;; When non-nil it will tell org-mode to use files in this
  ;; subtree to trigger exporting of a parent project
  :base-directory        "~/myproject"
  :catch-all-project     t
  :publishing-directory  "~/myproject"
  :recursive             t
  )

Root project definition:
'("myproject" (:components "myproject-source" "myproject-root"))

The only thing that myproject-root does is enable org-mode to identify
that a file is in the myproject meta-project.

Thoughts?

Neil

--
Neil Smithline
http://www.neilsmithline.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-05-20 22:02 UTC | newest]