* Possible bug - C-c * toggles #+(keyword) to headline
@ 2012-05-19 12:37 Charles
From: Charles @ 2012-05-19 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode

I previously reported this but without the word "bug" in my subject
line. My mistake.

When my cursor is on an 'in buffer setting' line
  #+FOO: bar
  C-c * toggles it to
*  #+FOO: bar
i.e. a headline.

Since in buffer settings are special lines, i.e. not a headline or part
of a plain list, I would expect an error so that any line starting with
#+ would not and could not be converted to a headline inadvertently. (In
my case I C-c *ed when I ought to have C-c C-ced.)

My set up is emacs 24.0.93.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2012-02-15 on
MARVIN
     org-mode 7.8.10 (was 7.8.09 when first reported)

Charlie Millar

* Re: Possible bug - C-c * toggles #+(keyword) to headline
@ 2012-07-05 14:37 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-05 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hi Charles,

Charles <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> I previously reported this but without the word "bug" in my subject
> line. My mistake.
>
> When my cursor is on an 'in buffer setting' line
>   #+FOO: bar
>   C-c * toggles it to
> *  #+FOO: bar
> i.e. a headline.

This is not the case anymore, comments are now skipped.
Also, the function returns a message when nothing could be done.

 Bastien

* Re: Possible bug - C-c * toggles #+(keyword) to headline
@ 2012-07-05 17:02   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-07-05 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode, Charles

Does the word "bug" in a headline do anything automatically like enter
into a DB?

* Re: Possible bug - C-c * toggles #+(keyword) to headline
@ 2012-07-05 17:11     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-05 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode, Charles

Hi Samuel,

> Does the word "bug" in a headline do anything automatically like enter
> into a DB?

No, using bug or [BUG] in the subject line of the emails sent on this
list does no magic -- except that it's easier for developers to skim
through the archive and find those subject lines.

--
 Bastien