* Is babel just ... unstable at the moment?
@ 2012-03-01 16:00 Allen S. Rout
From: Allen S. Rout @ 2012-03-01 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

So I keep running into very strange babel behaviors.

In addition to the whacked-out rendering oddities I've been posting
about,  I've just executed a static R block a half dozen times and
gotten three or four different results blocks.   I'm not going to try to
minimal-example this one, it seems too timing sensitive to be worth
attempting replication.

I'm using the blocks-calling-other-blocks behavior rather heavily, and
the variation seems to be that, on some calls, output from dependencies
is just getting pasted into the output from the dependant block.

Worse, there was one occasion on which it seems I got an output line
from 'last'  C-c C-c  in 'this' run's output block.

I've been seeing comments about changes to the babel block formats
recently, so it's perhaps plausible that git HEAD just isn't stable.
Should I back off?

- Allen S. Rout

* Re: Is babel just ... unstable at the moment?
@ 2012-03-01 20:19 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-03-01 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen S. Rout; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Allen,

I think what you are experiencing is the lack of previous heavy usage of
inline call lines -- especially with multiple such calls on the same
line.  You've discovered a couple of edge cases and you seem to have a
knack for coming up with pernicious examples.

Please do keep these sorts of error reports coming, as I would like to
fix any such errors in the code.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: Is babel just ... unstable at the moment?
@ 2012-03-01 21:14   ` Allen S. Rout
From: Allen S. Rout @ 2012-03-01 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: dog

On 03/01/2012 03:19 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> [...] You've discovered a couple of edge cases and you seem to have a
> knack for coming up with pernicious examples.

Why sir, I blush!   *fans self*

I just proudly repeated this comment to my co-workers.  One of them
commented "They seem to know you!". :)

- Allen S. Rout