* Odd problem with time of 10:00
@ 2012-01-14  9:59 Borbus
From: Borbus @ 2012-01-14  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have noticed a strange problem with org-agenda when a task contains a
timestamp of 10:00 in it, for example this entry is in one of my agenda
files:

** Test <2012-01-17 Mon 10:00>

I now press C-c a a and select the day and press d (so I'm viewing the
day) and get this:

Day-agenda (W03):
Tuesday    17 January 2012
               8:00...... ----------------
  appt:       10:00...... Test
              10:00...... ----------------
              12:00...... ----------------
              14:00...... ----------------
              16:00...... ----------------
              18:00...... ----------------
              20:00...... ----------------

Notice that it places the 10:00 appointment in the 9:00 place.  Now, if
I change the time to 10:01 (or any number of minutes past) I get this:

Day-agenda (W03):
Tuesday    17 January 2012
               8:00...... ----------------
              10:00...... ----------------
  appt:       10:01...... Test
              12:00...... ----------------
              14:00...... ----------------
              16:00...... ----------------
              18:00...... ----------------
              20:00...... ----------------

So it is now occupying the 11:00 place and there is no 9:00 place!

I have done some tests and it seems to only occur with the 10th hour.
All appointments seem to still show so it's not a major bug, just an
aesthetic one.  Any ideas?

--
Borbus.

* Re: Odd problem with time of 10:00
@ 2012-01-14 10:39 ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2012-01-14 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed a strange problem with org-agenda when a task contains a
> timestamp of 10:00 in it, for example this entry is in one of my agenda
> files:
>
> ** Test <2012-01-17 Mon 10:00>
>
> I now press C-c a a and select the day and press d (so I'm viewing the
> day) and get this:
>
> Day-agenda (W03):
> Tuesday    17 January 2012
>                8:00...... ----------------
>   appt:       10:00...... Test
>               10:00...... ----------------
>               12:00...... ----------------
>               14:00...... ----------------
>               16:00...... ----------------
>               18:00...... ----------------
>               20:00...... ----------------

If  you take a close look, you'll see you only have a grid with 2h differences defined.  There is no 9:00, nor 11:00 etc ..

Hope that helps
Detlef

@ 2012-01-14 10:49   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-01-14 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Detlef,

Detlef Steuer wrote:
>> I have noticed a strange problem with org-agenda when a task contains a
>> timestamp of 10:00 in it, for example this entry is in one of my agenda
>> files:
>>
>> ** Test <2012-01-17 Mon 10:00>
>>
>> I now press C-c a a and select the day and press d (so I'm viewing the
>> day) and get this:
>>
>> Day-agenda (W03):
>> Tuesday    17 January 2012
>>                8:00...... ----------------
>>   appt:       10:00...... Test
>>               10:00...... ----------------
>>               12:00...... ----------------
>>               14:00...... ----------------
>>               16:00...... ----------------
>>               18:00...... ----------------
>>               20:00...... ----------------
>>
>> I have done some tests and it seems to only occur with the 10th hour.
>> All appointments seem to still show so it's not a major bug, just an
>> aesthetic one.  Any ideas?
>
> If you take a close look, you'll see you only have a grid with 2h
> differences defined. There is no 9:00, nor 11:00 etc ..

True. And if you set "remove-match", you won't have duplicate 10:00 entries.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-agenda-time-grid '((daily today remove-match)
                               ""
                               (0800 1000 1200 1400 1600 1800 2000)))
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Odd problem with time of 10:00
@ 2012-01-14 10:57     ` Borbus
From: Borbus @ 2012-01-14 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 14/01/12 10:49, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
> Detlef Steuer wrote:
>> If you take a close look, you'll see you only have a grid with 2h
>> differences defined. There is no 9:00, nor 11:00 etc ..
>
> True. And if you set "remove-match", you won't have duplicate 10:00 entries.

Well that was embarrassingly simple!  I didn't notice the odd numbers
were missing because I have appointments at odd hours in my actual
agenda.  I think I will turn on remove-match since it looks a bit weird
having e.g. 11:00 appear and not be duped while 10:00 is.

Thanks!

--
Borbus.