* org-maint exporting ignores \n in python babel output ascii export; org-master doesn't though
@ 2014-07-24  7:41 Miguel Ruiz
From: Miguel Ruiz @ 2014-07-24  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results raw
return "Hello\nBye"
#+END_SRC

exports as:

Hello Bye

with org-ascii-export-as/to-ascii (Org-mode version 8.2.7b (release_8.2.7b-5-gc9613c))

But it exports correctly with Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-56-gdb0130)

Miguel.

Protect your computer files with professional cloud backup.
Get PCRx Backup and upload unlimited files automatically.
Learn more at http://backup.pcrx.com/mail

* Re: Bug: org-master (release_8.3beta-56-gdb0130) ascii exporter ignores org-export-preserve-breaks
@ 2014-07-25  7:53 ` Miguel Ruiz
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Miguel Ruiz @ 2014-07-25  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

After more detailed review I have figure out that the problem more generic and the opposite of the exposed in my previous message:

- org-maint ascii exporter takes org-export-preserve-breaks into account (default is nil; it works as expected, both nil and t)

- org-master ascii exporter doesn't take org-export-preserve-breaks into account (default is nil, it always preserves breaks)

- Minimal example:

#8<----------------------------->8

hello
bye

#8<----------------------------->8

and M-x org-ascii-export-as-ascii.

- Org-maint (org-export-preserve-breaks nil) output:

hello bye

- Org-maint (org-export-preserve-breaks nil) output:

hello
bye

HTH

Miguel.

@ 2014-07-25  7:58   ` Miguel Ruiz
From: Miguel Ruiz @ 2014-07-25  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry: last block, I meant

- Org-master (org-export-preserve-breaks nil) output:

hello
bye

Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
TRY IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if2 for FREE

* Re: Bug: org-master (release_8.3beta-56-gdb0130) ascii exporter ignores org-export-preserve-breaks
@ 2014-07-25 12:07   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-07-25 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miguel Ruiz <rbenit68@inbox.com> writes:

> After more detailed review I have figure out that the problem more generic and the opposite of the exposed in my previous message:
>
> - org-maint ascii exporter takes org-export-preserve-breaks into account (default is nil; it works as expected, both nil and t)
>
> - org-master ascii exporter doesn't take org-export-preserve-breaks into account (default is nil, it always preserves breaks)
>
> - Minimal example:
>
> #8<----------------------------->8
>
> hello
> bye
>
> #8<----------------------------->8
>
> and M-x org-ascii-export-as-ascii.
>
> - Org-maint (org-export-preserve-breaks nil) output:
>
> hello bye
>
> - Org-maint (org-export-preserve-breaks nil) output:
>
> hello
> bye

This should now be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug: org-master (release_8.3beta-56-gdb0130) ascii exporter ignores org-export-preserve-breaks
@ 2014-09-05 21:09   ` Yijun Yuan
From: Yijun Yuan @ 2014-09-05 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Miguel Ruiz <rbenit68 <at> inbox.com> writes:

> After more detailed review I have figure out that the problem more generic
and the opposite of the exposed in
> my previous message:
>
> - org-maint ascii exporter takes org-export-preserve-breaks into account
(default is nil; it works as
> expected, both nil and t)
>
> - org-master ascii exporter doesn't take org-export-preserve-breaks into
account (default is nil, it
> always preserves breaks)

The commit b15a9c0c1 breaks my use case. In the document of option "Org
Export Preserve Breaks", ASCII export is explicitly mentioned: "In ASCII
export, line breaks will always be preserved, regardless of this variable."

Thanks!

* Re: Bug: org-master (release_8.3beta-56-gdb0130) ascii exporter ignores org-export-preserve-breaks
@ 2014-09-06  8:36     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-06  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yijun Yuan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Yijun Yuan <bbbush@fedoraproject.org> writes:

> The commit b15a9c0c1 breaks my use case. In the document of option "Org
> Export Preserve Breaks", ASCII export is explicitly mentioned: "In ASCII
> export, line breaks will always be preserved, regardless of this
> variable."

This is not true anymore since Org 8.0. Line breaks are not preserved in
ASCII export unless the appropriate variable is non-nil (which is not
the case by default).

Nicolas Goaziou