* Local #+LINK's in org-mode file
@ 2011-09-03  4:20 Erwin J. Prinz
From: Erwin J. Prinz @ 2011-09-03  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear fellow org-mode users:

I have a question about local #+LINK statements. They are stored in the
variable org-link-abbrev-alist-local. This variable seems to be only
updated when org-mode is initiated, e.g. when opening a new buffer. This
means that if a line containing a #+LINK statement is changed the change
does not take effect until either <ALT>x org-mode<ENTER> is executed, or
the buffer is killed and the file re-opened.

So, one can't change the #+LINK line and immediately do an html export.
This confused me for a while.

Would it be possible to run the "org-mode" command at the beginning of
an html export, this way the edited value of the LINK would be used
immediately without having to reopen the org file.

Maybe I am missing something, any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance, Erwin J Prinz

* Re: Local #+LINK's in org-mode file
@ 2011-09-03  4:53 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-09-03  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erwin J. Prinz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> This means that if a line containing a #+LINK statement is changed the
> change does not take effect until either <ALT>x org-mode<ENTER> is
> executed, or the buffer is killed and the file re-opened.

Well Org has it's quirks.

Does running C-c C-c on the #+LINK line (as a replacement for reloading
org or the buffer) help installing the change?

Jambunathan K.

* Re: Local #+LINK's in org-mode file
@ 2011-09-04  0:15   ` Erwin J. Prinz
From: Erwin J. Prinz @ 2011-09-04  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 09/02/2011 11:53 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:
>> This means that if a line containing a #+LINK statement is changed the
>> change does not take effect until either<ALT>x org-mode<ENTER>  is
>> executed, or the buffer is killed and the file re-opened.
> Well Org has it's quirks.
>
> Does running C-c C-c on the #+LINK line (as a replacement for reloading
> org or the buffer) help installing the change?

Yes it does, thanks for the help.

Best regards, Erwin