* Problem with org-crypt
@ 2011-08-31 10:04 Christopher Witte
From: Christopher Witte @ 2011-08-31 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi all,

I've been using org-crypt and find it a great little addition to
org-mode, but I have been noticing some weird behaviour.  When I'm in a
file that has NO encrypted entires (or :crypt: tags) and I archive a sub
tree, I get asked the question "org-decrypt: auto-save-mode may cause
leakage. Disable it for current buffer?".  This must mean
org-decrypt-entry is being run but I don't understand why.  I've noticed
that org-decrypt-entry is added to the org-reveal-start-hook, I'm not
sure why that is.  When I don't add it to that hook, I no longer get
asked that question and org-crypt still apears to work as expected, but
I'm not sure if this will have broken something else.

Does anyone know why org-decrypt-entry is added to the
org-reveal-start-hook and if it would break anything if I don't add it?

Thanks for the help
Chris.

* Re: Problem with org-crypt
@ 2011-09-02  8:43 ` Pieter Praet
From: Pieter Praet @ 2011-09-02  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Witte, Org Mode

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:04:52 +0200, Christopher Witte <chris@witte.net.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using org-crypt and find it a great little addition to
> org-mode, but I have been noticing some weird behaviour.  When I'm in a
> file that has NO encrypted entires (or :crypt: tags) and I archive a sub
> tree, I get asked the question "org-decrypt: auto-save-mode may cause
> leakage. Disable it for current buffer?".  This must mean
> org-decrypt-entry is being run but I don't understand why.  I've noticed
> that org-decrypt-entry is added to the org-reveal-start-hook, I'm not
> sure why that is.  When I don't add it to that hook, I no longer get
> asked that question and org-crypt still apears to work as expected, but
> I'm not sure if this will have broken something else.
>
> Does anyone know why org-decrypt-entry is added to the
> org-reveal-start-hook and if it would break anything if I don't add it?
>
> Thanks for the help
> Chris.

It's a known issue;  Patch available [1].

Bastien's AFK until the 5th, so won't be fixed in mainline before then.

Dropping the `add-hook' line is also a good temporary fix, won't break
anything, only prevents `org-reveal' (`C-c C-r') from decrypting entries.

Peace

--
Pieter

[1] id:"1314539207-15985-1-git-send-email-pieter@praet.org"

* Re: Problem with org-crypt
@ 2011-09-02  8:45   ` Christopher Witte
From: Christopher Witte @ 2011-09-02  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pieter Praet; +Cc: Org Mode

On Fri 02 Sep 2011 10:43:11 AM CEST, Pieter Praet wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:04:52 +0200, Christopher Witte<chris@witte.net.au>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been using org-crypt and find it a great little addition to
>> org-mode, but I have been noticing some weird behaviour.  When I'm in a
>> file that has NO encrypted entires (or :crypt: tags) and I archive a sub
>> tree, I get asked the question "org-decrypt: auto-save-mode may cause
>> leakage. Disable it for current buffer?".  This must mean
>> org-decrypt-entry is being run but I don't understand why.  I've noticed
>> that org-decrypt-entry is added to the org-reveal-start-hook, I'm not
>> sure why that is.  When I don't add it to that hook, I no longer get
>> asked that question and org-crypt still apears to work as expected, but
>> I'm not sure if this will have broken something else.
>>
>> Does anyone know why org-decrypt-entry is added to the
>> org-reveal-start-hook and if it would break anything if I don't add it?
>>
>> Thanks for the help
>> Chris.
>>

> It's a known issue;  Patch available [1].
>
> Bastien's AFK until the 5th, so won't be fixed in mainline before then.
>
> Dropping the `add-hook' line is also a good temporary fix, won't break
> anything, only prevents `org-reveal' (`C-c C-r') from decrypting entries.
>

> Peace

Thanks, I'll look into that patch.

Chris

--