* Closing brace with LaTeX export
@ 2011-08-17 22:40 Dr. Adrian Wrigley
From: Dr. Adrian Wrigley @ 2011-08-17 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi people!

I've just started using Org mode (6.33x).  A fabulous tool.  But I have a problem
exporting TeX such as this:

----------------SAMPLE------------------------
I want to emphasise \emph{these three words} only.
------------------END-------------------------

when this is exported, the closing brace is erroneously escaped with a backslash "\".
It works fine without the spaces in the \emph section.

The closest discussion on the topic is here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-04/msg00427.html
but unlike Scot, I find even keeping the text on one line doesn't work.

I would like to pass multi-line arguments, with spaces in braces.
I don't think it works to put use a #+BEGIN_LaTeX block for
every argument, since that seems to confuse things and is very verbose.

What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks for your time!
--
Dr. Adrian Wrigley.

* Re: Closing brace with LaTeX export
@ 2011-08-18 18:40 ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2011-08-18 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Adrian Wrigley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
Probably the best thing to do is update to the latest version of
org-mode, in which this works even with line breaks.

best,
Ista

--
Ista Zahn
Graduate student

* Re: Closing brace with LaTeX export
@ 2011-08-18 18:46 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-08-18 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Adrian Wrigley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Adrian Wrigley,

Version 6.33 is out of date.  It would likely help to upgrade your
Org-mode installation if possible.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Closing brace with LaTeX export
@ 2011-08-18 21:48   ` Dr. Adrian Wrigley
From: Dr. Adrian Wrigley @ 2011-08-18 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ista Zahn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ista Zahn wrote:
> Hi,
> Probably the best thing to do is update to the latest version of
> org-mode, in which this works even with line breaks.

Thanks!  Works brilliantly now!
(thanks to Thomas S. Dye too)

I was using Debian Squeeze, which has the 6.33 by default.
--
Adrian

* Re: Closing brace with LaTeX export
@ 2011-08-19  7:47     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-19  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Adrian Wrigley; +Cc: Ista Zahn, emacs-orgmode

"Dr. Adrian Wrigley" <mail@adrianwrigley.com> writes:

> I was using Debian Squeeze, which has the 6.33 by default.

Debian should not squeeze users into using such old versions ;)

--
 Bastien