* Feature request or did I overlook ..
@ 2011-07-08 11:47 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-07-08 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

having standard clock entries like

     CLOCK: [2011-07-08 Fr 08:45]--[2011-07-08 Fr 09:15] =>  0:30

many a times later on I want to adjust the beginning timestamp.
Moving the whole clock range backward or forward maybe half an hour is a 2 step procedure:
First I have to adjust the begin timestamp, then the end timestamp.

I would love something like a Ctr-Shift-Up and Ctrl-Shift-Down that moves the relating
timestamp synchronously and thus leaves the time difference the same.

Example1: Having point on

     CLOCK: [2011-07-08 Fr 08:45]--[2011-07-08 Fr 09:15] =>  0:30
                              ^
pressing Ctr-Shift-Up 2 times I would like to end up at

     CLOCK: [2011-07-08 Fr 09:15]--[2011-07-08 Fr 09:45] =>  0:30
                              ^

Example2: Having point on

     CLOCK: [2011-07-08 Fr 08:45]--[2011-07-08 Fr 09:15] =>  0:30
                            ^
pressing Ctr-Shift-Down 3 times I would like to end up at

     CLOCK: [2011-07-08 Fr 06:15]--[2011-07-08 Fr 06:45] =>  0:30
                            ^

I hope I could make the point clear.
Maybe I overlooked the docs and such a functionality is already there.
If not it could be a nice little feature.

Thanks for considering,
Rainer

* Re: Feature request or did I overlook ..
@ 2011-07-09 15:41 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-09 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:

> having standard clock entries like
>
>      CLOCK: [2011-07-08 Fr 08:45]--[2011-07-08 Fr 09:15] =>  0:30
>
> many a times later on I want to adjust the beginning timestamp.
> Moving the whole clock range backward or forward maybe half an hour is a 2 step procedure:
> First I have to adjust the begin timestamp, then the end timestamp.
>
> I would love something like a Ctr-Shift-Up and Ctrl-Shift-Down that moves the relating
> timestamp synchronously and thus leaves the time difference the same.

Great idea -- I've just implemented it.

Please try C-S-<up> and C-S-<down> on clock log timestamps: it
will update both timestamps at the same time, leaving the total
duration unchanged.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Feature request or did I overlook ..
@ 2011-07-09 21:08   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-07-09 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 09.07.2011 17:41, schrieb Bastien:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:
>
>> having standard clock entries like
>>
>>      CLOCK: [2011-07-08 Fr 08:45]--[2011-07-08 Fr 09:15] =>  0:30
>>
>> many a times later on I want to adjust the beginning timestamp.
>> Moving the whole clock range backward or forward maybe half an hour is a 2 step procedure:
>> First I have to adjust the begin timestamp, then the end timestamp.
>>
>> I would love something like a Ctr-Shift-Up and Ctrl-Shift-Down that moves the relating
>> timestamp synchronously and thus leaves the time difference the same.
> Great idea -- I've just implemented it.
>
> Please try C-S-<up> and C-S-<down> on clock log timestamps: it
> will update both timestamps at the same time, leaving the total
> duration unchanged.

Hi Bastien!

I am impressed! Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I get this no matter on what part of which of the two
timestamps I am:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  org-clock-timestamps-change(up)
  org-clock-timestamps-up()
  org-shiftcontrolup()
  call-interactively(org-shiftcontrolup nil nil)

Do you need more information which helps to debug?

Best,
Rainer

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
    Rainer Stengele

__|___
  | Dipl. Inf. (Univ.) Rainer Stengele
  | Technical Control - System Administration
  |
  | email    : Rainer.Stengele@diplan.de
  | voice/fax: ++49-9131-7778-85/88
  | WWW      : http://www.diplan.de
  |
  | diplan GmbH
  | Wetterkreuz 27
  | 91058 Erlangen, Germany

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

* Re: Feature request or did I overlook ..
@ 2011-07-09 21:55     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-09 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:

> Unfortunately I get this no matter on what part of which of the two
> timestamps I am:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
>   org-clock-timestamps-change(up)
>   org-clock-timestamps-up()
>   org-shiftcontrolup()
>   call-interactively(org-shiftcontrolup nil nil)
>
> Do you need more information which helps to debug?

Nope -- just a stupid leftover.

Should work now, thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Feature request or did I overlook ..
@ 2011-07-10 18:16       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-07-10 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 09.07.2011 23:55, schrieb Bastien:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:
>
>> Unfortunately I get this no matter on what part of which of the two
>> timestamps I am:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
>>   org-clock-timestamps-change(up)
>>   org-clock-timestamps-up()
>>   org-shiftcontrolup()
>>   call-interactively(org-shiftcontrolup nil nil)
>>
>> Do you need more information which helps to debug?
> Nope -- just a stupid leftover.
>
> Should work now, thanks!

Hi Bastien!

excellent, works and is most useful - at least for me!!!
Thanks a lot!