* Updating the [/] and [%]
@ 2008-12-18 23:19 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2008-12-18 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How do I force update of the [/] and [%] markers. Many times they
don't follow item are edited, added, copied manually.

Jari

* Re: Updating the [/] and [%]
@ 2008-12-19  1:17 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-12-19  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jari Aalto; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> writes:

> How do I force update of the [/] and [%] markers. Many times they
> don't follow item are edited, added, copied manually.

For a checkbox list just C-c C-c on any checkbox to change the state
twice.

For TODO subtasks change the todo keyword with shift-left and
shift-right

-Bernt

* Re: Re: Updating the [/] and [%]
@ 2008-12-21  2:06   ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2008-12-21  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jari Aalto

Well, C-u C-c # is supposed to do it, but I just found a bug in 6.13a
that's in Gentoo.

Given the file
=================
- [/] f
  - [ ] d
  - [ ] v
  - [X] g
=================

pressing C-u C-c # displays the message "Checkbox satistics updated in
entire file (0 places)" but does nothing, as it says.

Given the file
===================
* foo
- [/] f
  - [ ] d
  - [ ] v
  - [X] g
===================

pressing C-u C-c # updates the [/] token correctly.  Can someone try
this in on something more recent?

Edd

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> wrote:
> Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> writes:
>
>> How do I force update of the [/] and [%] markers. Many times they
>> don't follow item are edited, added, copied manually.
>
> For a checkbox list just C-c C-c on any checkbox to change the state
> twice.
>
> For TODO subtasks change the todo keyword with shift-left and
> shift-right
>
> -Bernt

* Re: Re: Updating the [/] and [%]
@ 2008-12-21  3:41     ` Ben Alexander
From: Ben Alexander @ 2008-12-21  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eddward DeVilla; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, emacs-orgmode, Jari Aalto

I'm not really surprised by this: headlines are really important in
org-mode, but I tried it anyway.
Org-mode version 6.15a

"GNU Emacs 22.3.2 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
  of 2008-09-21 on plume.sr.unh.edu - Aquamacs Distribution 1.5"

On Mac OS X.5

The surprising this was that I got the message "Checkbox statistics
updated in entire file (0 places) in *both* tests below!

I normally use C-c C-c twice if all I need to do is update a checkbox
after some kind of manual edit, so I'd never noticed this.

-Ben