* [mobileorg-android] sync error, sdcard, index.org was not found
@ 2010-11-30  9:33 "Martin G. Skjæveland"
From: "Martin G. Skjæveland" @ 2010-11-30  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I just got myself a HTC Z, but I cannot get mobileorg to sync. The error
message I get when pressing the sync button is:

   The file /sdcard/dropbox/org/index.org was not found.

Here is what I did to get the error:

- Installed Dropbox from Android Market. (Downloaded org-files to
/sdcard/dropbox/org/. This I have checked with a file manager.)
- Installed MobileOrg from Android Market. (Version 0.4.7, it says.)
- Setup MobileOrg:
   - Synchronization Mode: SDCard
   - Full local path to your index.org file: /sdcard/dropbox/org/index.org
   - Storage Mode: sdcard

Originally I had no index.org file (should I have had one?) so I created
one. I'm guessing that that this might be the problem? It says on [1]
that index.org will be created, but it is not clear if this also goes
for local system setup (and not WebDAV). My index.org file looks like this:

--------------------------------------cut
  * [[work.org][work]]
  * [[home.org][home]]
--------------------------------------cut

The instructions on mobileorg-android's page [2] are not completely
clear. Have I done all the necessary preparations?

Thanks!

Martin

[1] https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/SetupNotes
[2] https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/

* Re: [mobileorg-android] sync error, sdcard, index.org was not found
@ 2010-12-01 20:38 ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-12-01 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin G. Skjæveland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode