From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: Tom Short <tshort.rlists@gmail.com>
Cc: "Łukasz Stelmach" <lukasz.stelmach@iem.pw.edu.pl>,
	"Eric S Fraga" <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk>,
	emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of Org-mode docs
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:40:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Correction:

Inkscape /does/ convert SVG to EPS with vector format.
Of course.

It also does really nice vector export to PDF.

Apologies all round (and to the nice people at Inkscape in
particular), and thanks to Tom Short for setting me straight.

I was fooled by a test drawing that was exported with "fallback"
raster images as well as vector graphics. My viewer (Preview)
apparently showed them and not the scalable vector version. The
fallback images account for the file size I got (I had no text, hence
no embedded fonts), and for the pixellated edges when I scaled up the
image. (This turned out to be fixable by just opening the EPS in Emacs
and cutting out all the fallback images. That also removed transparent
parts and gradients.)

I think maybe the use of transparency, which EPS does not support (or
am I wrong about that too?) was the reason I saw raster images in the
first place. A simple SVG circle was exported to EPS with no fallback.

More on the options here:

http://inkscape.modevia.com/inkscape-man.html

Yours,
Christian