* Having problems with faces in org agenda
@ 2010-09-30 19:34 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2010-09-30 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

My org agendas for day and week are showing DONE items with the "DONE"
in red, and not dulled out.  This makes the agenda less useful than it
might be for at-a-glance planning.

This (bright red "DONE"s) does not happen when I am looking at an org
file, where the TODO keyword is red and the DONE keyword is green.

I don't know if this helps, but someone on the IRC suggested that I put
my cursor on one of the red "DONE"s in the agenda and do describe-char.

This is what I get:

        character: ⇧O (79, #o117, #x4f)
preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
       code point: 0x4F
           syntax: w 	which means: word
         category: .:Base, a:ASCII, l:Latin, r:Roman
      buffer code: #x4F
        file code: #x4F (encoded by coding system nil)
          display: no font available

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: LATIN CAPITAL LETTER O
  general-category: Lu (Letter, Uppercase)

There is an overlay here:
 From 1828 to 1884
  face                 hl-line
  window               nil

There are text properties here:
  date                 734045
  day                  734045
  done-face            org-agenda-done
  dotime               time
  duration             nil
  effort               nil
  effort-minutes       nil
  extra                "Deadline:  "
  face                 org-todo
  help-echo            "mouse-2 or RET jump to org file ~/org/todo.org"
  mouse-face           highlight
  org-agenda-type      agenda
  org-category         "todo"
  org-complex-heading-regexp [Show]
  org-day-cnt          5
  org-hd-marker        #<marker at 79288 in todo.org>
  org-highest-priority 65
  org-lowest-priority  67
  org-marker           #<marker at 79334 in todo.org>
  org-not-done-regexp  "\\<\\(TODO\\|WAIT\\|DELEGATED\\)\\>"
  org-todo-regexp
"\\<\\(TODO\\|WAIT\\|DELEGATED\\|DONE\\|CANCELED\\)\\>"
  prefix-length        26
  priority             1000
  tags                 nil
  time                 ""
  time-of-day          nil
  todo-state           [Show]
  txt                  "DONE Get flights for ILC 2010"
  type                 "deadline"
  undone-face          org-warning

I suspect that this is related to the fact that the face is "org-todo"
rather than "org-agenda-done", but I don't understand any better than this.

This is on aquamacs 2.1, if that helps.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best,

* Re: Having problems with faces in org agenda
@ 2010-11-12  4:21 ` Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2010-11-12  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On 9/30/10 Sep 30 -2:34 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> My org agendas for day and week are showing DONE items with the "DONE"
> in red, and not dulled out.  This makes the agenda less useful than it
> might be for at-a-glance planning.
>
> This (bright red "DONE"s) does not happen when I am looking at an org
> file, where the TODO keyword is red and the DONE keyword is green.

I know it's bad form for me to follow-up to my own post, but I have
another piece of information.

I have two ways of getting at the day's agenda.  The ordinary org-agenda
command, "a", and then I can choose a day or week.

I wanted to make shortcuts to just directly choose the day's or week's
agenda.  So I added these:

        ("D" "Today's tasks"
               ((agenda))
               ((org-agenda-ndays 1)))
        ("W" "This week's tasks"
               ((agenda))
               ((org-agenda-ndays 7)))

to org-agenda-custom-commands.

These are the commands that are causing me pain.  If I use normal
org-agenda and choose either day or week, the org faces are fine.

If I use the D or W special commands I have defined above, I get the
wrong faces, with DONE shown in red.

So is there something in the above configuration that's wrong, and that
causes the faces to go awry?

thanks,