* Problems with capture on Mobile Org for Android
@ 2010-09-20  1:00 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2010-09-20  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I have just had a problem twice with loss of data using Mobile org for
android (flagged as "version 40" in Application Info).

Here's what you need to do to lose data:

1.  enter "foobar" into the capture window

2.  synchronize

3.  enter "baz" into the capture window

4.  synchronize

5.  org-mobile pull

Only baz will be there.  Seems like instead of accumulating stuff
between synchronizations, org mobile is just overwriting.  :-/

* Re: Problems with capture on Mobile Org for Android
@ 2010-09-20 11:28 ` Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2010-09-20 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi Robert

Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> writes:

> I have just had a problem twice with loss of data using Mobile org for
> android (flagged as "version 40" in Application Info).
>
> Here's what you need to do to lose data:
>
> 1.  enter "foobar" into the capture window
>
> 2.  synchronize
>
> 3.  enter "baz" into the capture window
>
> 4.  synchronize
>
> 5.  org-mobile pull
>
> Only baz will be there.  Seems like instead of accumulating stuff
> between synchronizations, org mobile is just overwriting.  :-/

I can't reproduce that. I get both entries on version 0.4.2 on Android
1.6, synchronized via webdav. By the way, there is no version 40, also
4.0 was never published in the Market, as far as I can remember. What
if you install/update your MobileOrg version directly from the Market?
(You have to uninstall the version from GITHub previously.)

Greetings,

Sven