* IP locator
@ 2010-09-10  4:19 Indraneel Majumdar
From: Indraneel Majumdar @ 2010-09-10  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  Hi all,
Is there any way of putting in location information automatically, eg.
in a Diary or Journal entry? I was thinking of some sort of IP location
based service (some web based ones are free, or even google). Or, a
connected cellphone with GPS is also a possibility.

I can see how the iphone app will benefit (although I don't have one
(yet)). Not sure how quick the processors in phones are these days, but
coupled with a barcode scanning .el it might be a handy thing to carry
around (eg. "buy mama bear's oldstyle honey from shop near bridge below
highway 9" can be done in one point and click.)

Indraneel

* Re: IP locator
@ 2010-09-10  4:43 ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-09-10  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Indraneel Majumdar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

There was a little discussion of this earlier this summer:

http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg26465.html

On 09/09/2010 11:19 PM, Indraneel Majumdar wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there any way of putting in location information automatically, eg.
> in a Diary or Journal entry? I was thinking of some sort of IP location
> based service (some web based ones are free, or even google). Or, a
> connected cellphone with GPS is also a possibility.
>
> I can see how the iphone app will benefit (although I don't have one
> (yet)). Not sure how quick the processors in phones are these days, but
> coupled with a barcode scanning .el it might be a handy thing to carry
> around (eg. "buy mama bear's oldstyle honey from shop near bridge below
> highway 9" can be done in one point and click.)
>
> Indraneel

* Re: IP locator
@ 2010-09-10  6:38   ` Indraneel Majumdar
From: Indraneel Majumdar @ 2010-09-10  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Iverson, orgmode

  Erik, Thanks for the link. Did anyone do anything more on this? If
not, I can try to hack up some pymacs extensions.