* [babel] Why is this not tangling?
@ 2010-08-31 14:48 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-08-31 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I want to tangle the following code into two files, specified as
properties, but no blocks are tangled - why?

I thought that the property is valid for the whole subtree below?

Thanks,

Rainer

* Simulation model HakSim
** Tool Functions
*** Layer I/O routines (spreadSim.layersIO.R)
#:PROPERTIES:
#:tangle:   spreadSim.layersIO.R
#:END:

**** suitName
#+begin_src R
## Name for suitability layer
equations(ASM)$suitName <- function(species)
{
return( paste(species$layer, "suitability", sep="_") )
}
#+end_src
**** test2
#+begin_src R
equations(ASM)$test2 <- function(species)
{
return( "test2" )
}
#+end_src

*** Tool functions (spreadSim.tools.R)
#:PROPERTIES:
#:tangle:   spreadSim.tools.R
#:END:

**** tool1
#+begin_src R
## Name for suitability layer
equations(ASM)$tool1 <- function(species)
{
return( "too1" )
}
#+end_src
**** tool2
#+begin_src R
## Name for suitability layer
equations(ASM)$tool2 <- function(species)
{
return( "too2" )
}
#+end_src

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Tel:        +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +27 - (0)8 39 47 90 42
Fax (SA):   +27 - (0)8 65 16 27 82
Fax (D) :   +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
Fax (FR):   +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: [babel] Why is this not tangling?
@ 2010-08-31 16:20 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-08-31 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R.M.Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I want to tangle the following code into two files, specified as
> properties, but no blocks are tangled - why?
>
> I thought that the property is valid for the whole subtree below?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rainer

It looks like you have bad properties syntax.

> * Simulation model HakSim
> ** Tool Functions
> *** Layer I/O routines (spreadSim.layersIO.R)
> #:PROPERTIES:
> #:tangle:   spreadSim.layersIO.R
> #:END:

the above should be

   :PROPERTIES:
   :tangle:   spreadSim.layersIO.R
   :END:

without the leading #s

Cheers -- Eric

* Re: [babel] Why is this not tangling?
@ 2010-09-01  7:37   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-09-01  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 31/08/10 18:20, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to tangle the following code into two files, specified as
>> properties, but no blocks are tangled - why?
>>
>> I thought that the property is valid for the whole subtree below?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rainer
>>

> It looks like you have bad properties syntax.

That's really bad - I copied from a file where I commented the
properties block out...

Thanks a lot Eric, it is working now,

Rainer

>> * Simulation model HakSim
>> ** Tool Functions
>> *** Layer I/O routines (spreadSim.layersIO.R)
>> #:PROPERTIES:
>> #:tangle:   spreadSim.layersIO.R
>> #:END:
>>

> the above should be