* Error using Calc time format in table
@ 2010-08-21 13:32 Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2010-08-21 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi,

When I use Calc time format in the spreadsheet, it fails to deal with
hours. (Using 7.01trans, pulled today.)

E.g. this simple sum gives an error:

| 1@ 23' 45" |
| 1@ 14' 45" |
|------------|
| #ERROR     |
#+TBLFM: @3$1=@1$1+@2$1

But summing just the minutes and seconds works:

| 23' 45"    |
| 14' 45"    |
|------------|
| 0@ 38' 30" |
#+TBLFM: @3$1=@1$1+@2$1

I see there's been an issue with the `@' syntax, but it seems to have
been solved:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/8520

Am I doing something wrong?

Yours,
Christian

* Re: Error using Calc time format in table
@ 2010-08-21 14:04 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2010-08-21 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

PS: It works with vsum:

| 1@ 23' 45" |
| 1@ 14' 45" |
|------------|
| 2@ 38' 30" |
#+TBLFM: @3$1=vsum(@1$1..@2$1)

But not with simple addition, subtraction etc.

I now see this was already stated at:
http://www.hollenback.net/index.php?pagename=EmacsOrgTimestamps

Unlike him, though, I'm not hung in an infinite loop, I just get
#ERROR messages.

Yours,
CM

Christian Moe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use Calc time format in the spreadsheet, it fails to deal with
> hours. (Using 7.01trans, pulled today.)
>
> E.g. this simple sum gives an error:
>
> | 1@ 23' 45" |
> | 1@ 14' 45" |
> |------------|
> | #ERROR     |
> #+TBLFM: @3$1=@1$1+@2$1
>
> But summing just the minutes and seconds works:
>
> | 23' 45"    |
> | 14' 45"    |
> |------------|
> | 0@ 38' 30" |