* Problem with relative paths of links in export
@ 2015-02-24  5:43 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-02-24  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have an old org file, with some source blocks that create a table with some hyperlinks like  [[file:../receipts/2015/02/aj140212_1.pdf][19998-DUPLT]]

(the file is in receipts subdirectory of the parent directory).

Export from the org file used to work fine. But just now, these paths are now working in exported pdf files.

What could I be doing wrong?

Vikas

* Re: Problem with relative paths of links in export
@ 2015-02-24  8:07 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-02-24  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> I have an old org file, with some source blocks that create a table with some hyperlinks like  [[file:../receipts/2015/02/aj140212_1.pdf][19998-DUPLT]]
>
> (the file is in receipts subdirectory of the parent directory).
>
> Export from the org file used to work fine. But just now, these paths
> are now working in exported pdf files.

What do you get now when exporting such link? What did you expect
instead?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Problem with relative paths of links in export
@ 2015-02-24 10:45   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-02-24 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I have an old org file, with some source blocks that create a table with some hyperlinks like  [[file:../receipts/2015/02/aj140212_1.pdf][19998-DUPLT]]
>>
>> (the file is in receipts subdirectory of the parent directory).
>>
>> Export from the org file used to work fine. But just now, these paths
>> are now working in exported pdf files.
>
> What do you get now when exporting such link? What did you expect
> instead?

Actually, it is a bit weird. The latex export is correct. But link in the pdf file does not open. Perhaps something wrong with the way links work in pdf files (I have tried skim and adobe readers).

Does not look like fault of org-mode.

My apologies.

@ 2015-02-24 12:40     ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-02-24 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Actually, it is a bit weird. The latex export is correct. But link in the pdf file does not open. Perhaps something wrong with the way links work in pdf files (I have tried skim and adobe readers).
>
> Does not look like fault of org-mode.
>
> My apologies.

Oops, my bad. I used wrong path!

Terrible. Sorry.