* Repeat time ranges
@ 2009-10-13  8:14 Nicolas Aggelidis
From: Nicolas Aggelidis @ 2009-10-13  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi org-users!

i 'am having the following problem. I have some activities that i
organize like this:

* University calendar
** Class 1 <2009-10-12 Mon 15:00>-<2009-10-12 Mon 16:00>

what i want to do, is have this time range repeat itself every week
for 13 occurrences.

Is this possible? at least is it possible to have the time range
repeat itself indefinitely, like with

** Class 1 <2009-10-12 Mon 15:00 +1w>

best regards,
nicolas

* Re: Repeat time ranges
@ 2009-10-13  8:36 ` Stephan Schmitt
From: Stephan Schmitt @ 2009-10-13  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Aggelidis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

I think org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift was implemented exactly for this use case:

     (org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift n &optional shift)

     Clone the task (subtree) at point n times.
     The clones will be inserted as siblings.

     In interactive use, the user will be prompted for the number of clones
     to be produced, and for a time shift, which may be a repeater as used
     in time stamps, for example `+3d'.

     When a valid repeater is given and the entry contains any time stamps,
     the clones will become a sequence in time, with time stamps in the
     subtree shifted for each clone produced.  If shift is nil or the
     empty string, time stamps will be left alone.

hth,
	Stephan

Nicolas Aggelidis wrote:
> hi org-users!
>
> i 'am having the following problem. I have some activities that i
> organize like this:
>

> * University calendar
> ** Class 1 <2009-10-12 Mon 15:00>-<2009-10-12 Mon 16:00>
>
> what i want to do, is have this time range repeat itself every week
> for 13 occurrences.
>
> Is this possible? at least is it possible to have the time range
> repeat itself indefinitely, like with
>
> ** Class 1 <2009-10-12 Mon 15:00 +1w>
>

> best regards,
> nicolas

* Re: Repeat time ranges
@ 2009-10-13 12:24 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-10-13 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Aggelidis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Aggelidis <n.aggelidis@gmail.com> writes:

> hi org-users!
>
> i 'am having the following problem. I have some activities that i
> organize like this:
>
> * University calendar
> ** Class 1 <2009-10-12 Mon 15:00>-<2009-10-12 Mon 16:00>
>
> what i want to do, is have this time range repeat itself every week
> for 13 occurrences.

You can use a diary sexp. See the following FAQ. It contains a solution
for an example almost exactly like yours above:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#diary-sexp-in-org-files

Best,
Matt

* Re: Repeat time ranges