* Bug Report for emacs 23 and follow-mode
@ 2009-07-14 13:31 Cian OConnor
From: Cian OConnor @ 2009-07-14 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm using a fairly recent build of Emacs 23 on windows (23.0.94.1), and
while follow-mode seems to work fine for ordinary files, it does not
work in .org files. Instead I get a blank screen for the second buffer.
I'm using the latest version of org-mode (from the website, not CVS).

Interestingly it seems to be working fine for the Agenda mode.

I cleared out my .emacs file and this didn't make any difference, so I
don't think its anything weird in my config, though I can try again if
this is not replicable for anyone.

Feel a bit bad posting a bug report as my first message on this list, so
I'll try and leave on a high note. Fantastic program! Totally in love.

Cian O'Connor

* Re: Bug Report for emacs 23 and follow-mode
@ 2009-07-14 13:45 ` Cian OConnor
From: Cian OConnor @ 2009-07-14 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How embarrassing. I was getting mixed up with indirect buffers. So while
the bug report is technically valid, it seems fairly unimportant...

Did I mention what a great product this is..?

Cian OConnor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a fairly recent build of Emacs 23 on windows (23.0.94.1),
> and while follow-mode seems to work fine for ordinary files, it does
> not work in .org files. Instead I get a blank screen for the second
> buffer. I'm using the latest version of org-mode (from the website,
> not CVS).
>
> Interestingly it seems to be working fine for the Agenda mode.
>
> I cleared out my .emacs file and this didn't make any difference, so I
> don't think its anything weird in my config, though I can try again if
> this is not replicable for anyone.
>
> Feel a bit bad posting a bug report as my first message on this list,
> so I'll try and leave on a high note. Fantastic program! Totally in love.
>
> Cian O'Connor

* Re: Re: Bug Report for emacs 23 and follow-mode
@ 2009-07-14 13:50   ` Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2009-07-14 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cian OConnor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

No trouble.  And welcome to the list.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by "mixed up with indirect
buffers" and "technically valid, but unimportant".  So do post back if
you think there is still a significant bug.

Scot