* How to remove a item set by diary-cyclic for once?
@ 2009-05-01  5:28 Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-05-01  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I scheduled a weekly item by

    %%(diary-cyclic 7 05 01 2009) Group meeting.

The meeting in next week is canceled. Can I cancel the item only in next week?
I also tried to mark CANCELED before it, but the marker is added on the parent
item.

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

* Re: How to remove a item set by diary-cyclic for once?
@ 2009-05-01 12:58 ` Bernt Hansen
       [not found]   ` <49FB1C82.3060001@gmail.com>
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-05-01 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei-Wei Guo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Wei-Wei Guo <wwguocn@gmail.com> writes:

> I scheduled a weekly item by
>
>    %%(diary-cyclic 7 05 01 2009) Group meeting.
>
> The meeting in next week is canceled. Can I cancel the item only in next week?
> I also tried to mark CANCELED before it, but the marker is added on the parent
> item.

Why not use a repeating task?

* TODO Your Meeting
  SCHEDULED: <2009-05-01 Fri +1w>

Then you can mark it DONE or CANCELLED in appropriate weeks and it will
reschedule to the following Friday.  The log that records the cancel
would go in your :LOGBOOK: drawer normally.

-Bernt

* Re: How to remove a item set by diary-cyclic for once?
       [not found]       ` <49FB88C7.7050005@gmail.com>
@ 2009-05-02  1:09         ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-05-02  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei-Wei Guo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

cc-ing org-mode since this conversation went off-list and may be useful to
more people.

Wei-Wei Guo <wwguocn@gmail.com> writes:

> Bernt Hansen 写道:
>
>> I have
>>
>> (setq org-use-fast-todo-selection t)
>>
>> so C-c C-t and t in the agenda displays the menu of todo keywords to
>> select and I can jump directly to any keyword.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Only for your information. I find org-use-fast-todo-selection has no
> effect. C-c C-t works without it. Actually I don't find the variable
> in org mode manual.

In an org-mode file C-u C-c C-t and C-c C-t are switched by
org-fast-todo-selection IIRC.

> BTW, I set
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>       '(("t" "Change item TODO sequnce."
>          ((org-todo)))
>         ))
>
> Then I can use the single key 't' instead of C-c C-t in the agenda view.

't' works for me in the agenda out of the box with no special
configuration.

-Bernt

* Re: How to remove a item set by diary-cyclic for once?
@ 2009-05-02  1:43           ` Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-05-02  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen 写道:

Hi,

> cc-ing org-mode since this conversation went off-list and may be useful to
> more people.

Sorry, I didn't notice I only send mail to you. I made the mistake many times.
I should be more careful ...

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei