* When exporting a subtree, headline levels are now relative to parent - but css - config is unchanged ...
@ 2009-04-06 13:37 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2009-04-06 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This feature - introduced in V6.22 - is great!
It would even be greater to also use the changed CSS heading levels - that is
use the settings for heading 1 when the headline level changed to "1".

Carsten, has this been "fogotten" to be changed or is this a feature?

Rainer

* how to express relative path for grandparent folder?
@ 2009-04-06 17:25 ` goodhei8
From: goodhei8 @ 2009-04-06 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I tried ../.., does not work. ../ works for parents folder.
../.. does not work, because emacs or "setq org-agenda-files (list"? how
to correct it.
(setq org-agenda-files (list "../../Plans/PhD.org"
                              "../../Plans/Others.org"
))

PS, i am trying to make it portable.

Thanks

* Re: how to express relative path for grandparent folder?
@ 2009-04-06 17:41   ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-04-06 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: goodhei8@gmail.com; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM, goodhei8@gmail.com wrote:
> I tried ../.., does not work. ../ works for parents folder.
> ../.. does not work, because emacs or "setq org-agenda-files (list"? how to
> correct it.
> (setq org-agenda-files (list "../../Plans/PhD.org"
>               "../../Plans/Others.org"
> ))

Does variable org-directory help?

--
Manish

* Re: how to express relative path for grandparent folder?
@ 2009-04-07 21:53     ` goodhei8
From: goodhei8 @ 2009-04-07 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

no, it is not working.
Since my grandparent folder is out of home folder(~)

Any one know it?

Thanks

@ 2009-04-07 22:33       ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-04-07 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: goodhei8@gmail.com; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

goodhei8@gmail.com <goodhei8@gmail.com> wrote:

> no, it is not working.
> Since my grandparent folder is out of home folder(~)
>
> Any one know it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Manish wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM, goodhei8@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >> I tried ../.., does not work. ../ works for parents folder.
> >> ../.. does not work, because emacs or "setq org-agenda-files (list"? how to
> >> correct it.
> >> (setq org-agenda-files (list "../../Plans/PhD.org"
> >>               "../../Plans/Others.org"
> >> ))
> >>

> > Does variable org-directory help?

What exactly is not working? The main problem with ../../Plans/etc is
that it's a relative pathname: *it depends on your current working
directory (CWD)*, so whether the agenda files can be found will depend
on what your CWD is - a rather undesirable state of affairs.

If you want to *initialize* the agenda files list, you can do something
like this in your .emacs:

     (setq org-agenda-files (mapcar (function expand-file-name) (list "../../Plans/PhD.org" etc)))

expand-file-name will convert the relative path names to absolute path names,
so they can be found later on no matter what your CWD is.

Does this help?

Nick

* Re: how to express relative path for grandparent folder?
@ 2009-04-07 22:39     ` goodhei8
From: goodhei8 @ 2009-04-07 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I solved it. but do not ask me why.

(setq org-agenda-files (list "~/../../Plans/PhD.org"
              "~/../../Plans/Others.org"

I add ~/  and restart emacs, which make it work, although ../ works for
parent folder without ~/

Jack

@ 2009-04-07 23:09         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-04-07 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> goodhei8@gmail.com <goodhei8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > no, it is not working.
> > Since my grandparent folder is out of home folder(~)
> >
> > Any one know it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Manish wrote:

> > > Does variable org-directory help?
> > >

> What exactly is not working? The main problem with ../../Plans/etc is
> that it's a relative pathname: *it depends on your current working
> directory (CWD)*, so whether the agenda files can be found will depend
> on what your CWD is - a rather undesirable state of affairs.
>
> If you want to *initialize* the agenda files list, you can do something
> like this in your .emacs:
>
>      (setq org-agenda-files (mapcar (function expand-file-name) (list "../../Plans/PhD.org" etc)))
>
> expand-file-name will convert the relative path names to absolute path names,
> so they can be found later on no matter what your CWD is.
>
> Does this help?

It doesn't - although the diagnosis is correct, the cure is not: the
pathnames are expanded relative to the directory where emacs is
started. So the only way is to use absolute path names (which is what
you did by prefixing them with ~ - they are now relative to a fixed
place, rather than to a floating one).

Sorry about that.

Nick

* Re: When exporting a subtree, headline levels are now relative to parent - but css - config is unchanged ...
@ 2009-04-08 15:59 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-04-08 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

I do not understand what you are trying to say.  Please,
can you try again, and with an example?

- Carsten

P.S. please, do not consider the mail subject line
to be part of the message.  It always breaks my workflow
and slightly  annoys me if I need to refer back to the
subject line to just read the message. :-)