* Bug on file publish
@ 2008-10-25  0:09 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-10-25  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

If I modify a file and then publish it using "C-c C-e f" without saving
it I get an error of the form:

,----
| File error: "Opening directory", "no such file or directory",
| "/home/shamrock/webs/mydomain/.#index.org"
`----

I traced it through with edebug (how do you set a watch on a variable? I
couldnt get it through my thick skull from the manual).

Anyway, the error occurs in

org-publish-get-base-files-1

and is a result of a broken link :
,----
| lrwxrwxrwx 1 shamrock shamrock 54 2008-10-25 02:03 .#index.org -> shamrock@development.mydomain.net.21672:1224638771
| shamrock@development:~/webs/mydomain$ cat .#index.org
| cat: .#index.org: No such file or directory
`----

The link is created somewhere in the publish process and is not properly
constructed if the file has not been saved prior to publish.

Someone more familiar with the process might know immediately where to
fix it, if not I will have a crack next week.

--
We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology.  We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology.  This is a prescription for disaster.  We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.  ~Carl Sagan