* HTML-export: arbitrary target directories when using setup files
@ 2008-10-18 18:44 Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-10-18 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [emacs-orgmode]

Hi,

the HTML-export (recursive) behaves strange. Files go to arbitrary
directories (still under the publishing directory). It seems, the
file names and path elements get mixed up when using the

#+SETUPFILE

option. This bug was introduced some weeks ago (I believe), but when
exporting repeatedly, the files in the top-level directory looked OK
again. So I didn't investigate any further. The first thing I noticed
was, that /Xy/index.org was published to /index.org (i.e. the index.org
in the last (alphabetically) subdirectory. It seems, that the path
information gets lost somewhere if we use #+SETUPFILE.

Also, the /index.html is made from an arbitrary index.org from a
sibdirectory (the last one in alphabetic order). If I do

$ touch ~/org/index.org

the ~/public_html/index.html is correct again (since it's the only
file to be published).

Note, that the structure of the index file is correct.

This is the tree in my ~/org/ (perfectly represented in the
index file):

.
|-- Brain
|   |-- Brainstorming.org
|   `-- ist_Kreativitaet_erlernbar.org
|-- Dateiformate.org
|-- Datenbanken
|   |-- man-createuser.org
|   |-- mysql.org
|   |-- nested-sets.org
|   `-- postgreSQL.org
|-- Emacs
|   |-- gnus.org
|   |-- index.org
|   |-- org-info.org
|   |-- org-mode.org
|   |-- org-plot.org
|   `-- snippets.org
|-- Java
|   |-- Hibernate.org
|   |-- maven.org
|   |-- tomcat.org
|   `-- webapps.org
|-- JavaScript
|   |-- index.org
|   |-- jQuery.org
|   `-- mootools.org
|-- LaTeX
|   `-- index.org

etc.

And this is the export result in ~/public_html/ (wrong placed files
marked '#'):

.
|-- Brain
|   |-- Dateiformate.html       # (should be in top-level dir.)
|   `-- ist_Kreativitaet_erlernbar.html
|-- Datenbanken
|   |-- gnus.html               #
|   |-- mysql.html
|   |-- nested-sets.html
|   `-- postgreSQL.html
|-- Emacs
|   |-- Hibernate.html          #
|   |-- index.html
|   |-- org-info.html
|   |-- org-mode.html
|   |-- org-plot.html
|   `-- snippets.html
|-- Fragensammlung.html         # (should be in a subdirectory)
|-- Java
|   |-- index.html
|   |-- maven.html
|   |-- tomcat.html
|   `-- webapps.html
|-- JavaScript
|   |-- index.html
|   |-- jQuery.html
|   `-- mootools.html
|-- LaTeX
|   `-- apt.html               # (should be /Linux/Debian/)
|-- Linux
|   |-- Agile_Softwareentwicklung.html # (should be in /Organisation/)
|   `-- Debian
|       `-- index.html

etc.

Looks like the path get's lost somewhere in org-exp.el when using
#+SETUPFILE.

* Re: HTML-export: arbitrary target directories when using setup files
@ 2008-10-20  9:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-20  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sebastian_rose; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode]

Hi Sebastian,

On Oct 18, 2008, at 8:44 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the HTML-export (recursive) behaves strange. Files go to arbitrary
> directories (still under the publishing directory). It seems, the
> file names and path elements get mixed up when using the
>
> #+SETUPFILE
>
> option. This bug was introduced some weeks ago (I believe), but when
> exporting repeatedly, the files in the top-level directory looked OK
> again. So I didn't investigate any further. The first thing I noticed
> was, that /Xy/index.org was published to /index.org (i.e. the
> index.org
> in the last (alphabetically) subdirectory. It seems, that the path
> information gets lost somewhere if we use #+SETUPFILE.

So if you do not use SETUPFILE, the problem is gone?  I would help me
find stuff if you could confirm this.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-20 13:50   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-10-20 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: [emacs-orgmode]

Hi Carsten,

when dropping the #+SETUPFILE again in favour of a 'normal' header,

leads to an 'wrong type argument: stringp nil' error

And, recursive export doesn't work either.

Source:

|-- Brain
|   |-- Brainstorming.org
|   `-- ist_Kreativitaet_erlernbar.org
|-- Datenbanken
|   |-- man-createuser.org
|   `-- postgreSQL.org
|-- Scientology
|   |-- agsc.pdf
|   `-- index.org
|-- Texte
|   `-- Badesalz
|       `-- index.org
|-- bla.org
|-- index.org
|-- org-info.js
|-- org-slides
|   `-- slides.css
|-- sitemap.org
|-- stylesheet-fixed.css
|-- stylesheet.css
`-- test.org

Dest:

|-- Brain
|   |-- ist_Kreativitaet_erlernbar.html
|   `-- man-createuser.html
|-- Datenbanken
|   |-- index.html
|   `-- postgreSQL.html
|-- Scientology
|   |-- agsc.pdf
|   `-- index.html
|-- Texte
|   `-- Badesalz
|       `-- bla.html    <-- This should be 'index.html'
   <--------------------- and bla.html should go here
|-- index.html
|-- org-info.js
|-- org-slides