* tags-todo agenda does not sort by priority?
@ 2008-09-30  8:52 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2008-09-30  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Having a custom agenda command like this

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
       '(
         ("kP" ((tags-todo "CATEGORY=\"Privat\""))
	 ((org-agenda-files '("~/org/PRIVAT"))
	  (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down))))

I do not get an agenda view sorting "priority-down". Well, it starts with #A entries,
but does not follow with #B and then #C entries.

Priority shown by "P" in agenda mode of #A items is 2000, 1000 of all other items.

Does anybody see my fault in the config?

Rainer

* Re: tags-todo agenda does not sort by priority?
@ 2008-10-01  9:00 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-01  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

this works fine for me.  Must be something else in your setup that
messes with the priorities?

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-01 11:08   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2008-10-01 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

you are right, it works for prioritised todos!

But I found that "no priority" todos are not sorted after todos of prio #A,#B or #C.
They are just occuring in the list wherever they occur in the org file.
I had expected to get all items with "no priority" sorted down after the ones which have any priority.
Is this intended?
I like to see no prioritised items to be of no priority at all!

How could I achive this?

@ 2008-10-01 11:14     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-01 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

like the manual says in

      http://orgmode.org/manual/Priorities.html#Priorities

items without priority are treated as priority B.  I think this makes
sense and I would like to keep it this way.  You can configure the
default priority with `org-default-priority'.

Maybe this will work for you:

(setq org-lowest-prority ?D
       org-default-priority ?D)

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-01 12:34       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2008-10-01 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

your suggestion worked.
Anyway, I find it more intuitive to collect todos and keep them unprioritised
until I have gone through more thinking about them and decide that they are higher or lower priority.
They will stay unprioritised as long as they simply are not prior.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Rainer