* State excluded in agenda
@ 2007-11-15 16:34 Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2007-11-15 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have a "CANCELED" TODO state. When I change a scheduled item to this
state, I do not want it to show up in the agenda. I still want to keep
the original scheduled date or deadline though just in case later I need
to activate it again. I can do some tricks like turning the
schedule/deadline time stamp into an inactive one. But I think it would
be neater if we can have a list of TODO states that will be excluded
from the agenda view. Right now the "DONE" state seems to be the only
one excluded.

Maybe there is already something like that and I just did not find it?
Any comments? Thank you.

Wanrong

* Re: State excluded in agenda
@ 2007-11-15 16:49 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2007-11-15 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I just make "CANCELLED" a DONE state, since it represent a state from
which no
further transitions can take place.  You might also consider a
"DEFERRED" state,
for tasks you are pushing into the indefinite future.

John

On Nov 15, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Wanrong Lin wrote:

> I have a "CANCELED" TODO state. When I change a scheduled item to
> this state, I do not want it to show up in the agenda. I still want
> to keep the original scheduled date or deadline though just in case
> later I need to activate it again. I can do some tricks like turning
> the schedule/deadline time stamp into an inactive one. But I think
> it would be neater if we can have a list of TODO states that will be
> excluded from the agenda view. Right now the "DONE" state seems to
> be the only one excluded.

* Re: State excluded in agenda
@ 2007-11-15 17:24   ` Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2007-11-15 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thank you. I read the manual again and found that actually I can have
multiple "DONE" states so your suggestion works very well (with
org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done set to t). I do have a "HOLD" state,
which is equivalent to your "DEFERRED" state.

Wanrong