* visible row boundaries in html table export
@ 2007-02-10 17:32 Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2007-02-10 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here's a question, or maybe a feature request...  Is there a way to make
table row boundaries show up in html exports?  For example, when I
html-export a table like this:

   | col 1 | col 2 | col 3 |
   |-------+-------+-------|
   | a     | a     | a     |
   | a     | a     | a     |
   |-------+-------+-------|
   | b     | b     | b     |
   | b     | b     | b     |

I get a table like this:

    col 1 	col 2 	col 3
    a 	a 	a
    a 	a 	a
    b 	b 	b
    b 	b 	b

In the html export, the boundaries between groups of rows has
disappeared.  Is there a way to make the html export look more like
what's displayed within org mode?  Ideally, there would be some kind of
distinct line below the column header row, and also between the 'a' and
'b' row groups.

Thanks,

Scott

* Re: visible row boundaries in html table export
@ 2007-02-11  6:13 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-02-11  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Otterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

What would the HTML code look like?

- Carsten

On Feb 10, 2007, at 18:32, Scott Otterson wrote:

>  Here's a question, or maybe a feature request...  Is there a way to
> make table row boundaries show up in html exports?  For example, when
> I html-export a table like this:
>

>     | col 1 | col 2 | col 3 |
>     |-------+-------+-------|
>     | a     | a     | a     |
>     | a     | a     | a     |
>     |-------+-------+-------|
>     | b     | b     | b     |
>     | b     | b     | b     |
>

> I get a table like this:
>
>> col 1
>> col 2
>> col 3
>
>  In the html export, the boundaries between groups of rows has
> disappeared.  Is there a way to make the html export look more like
> what's displayed within org mode?  Ideally, there would be some kind
> of distinct line below the column header row, and also between the 'a'
> and 'b' row groups.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Scott

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: visible row boundaries in html table export
@ 2007-02-11  8:06   ` goud-H
From: goud-H @ 2007-02-11  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2007-02-11 14:24     ` goud-H
From: goud-H @ 2007-02-11 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

goud-H <deniseborowy <at> aol.com> writes:

> > What would the HTML code look like?
> >
> > - Carsten

merging the content of 2 rows can only be avoided
by defining table border rules,
unfortunately this gives lines below groups of 2 rows,
but no lines in between the colums.

<thead>
</thead>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

a feasible way could be to insert extra colums with "|" as content.
however, not very nice...

<thead>
</thead>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

* Re: visible row boundaries in html table export
       [not found] <200702111425.l1BEPcc1013412@bp34.u.washington.edu>
@ 2007-02-11 17:46 ` Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2007-02-11 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: goud-H