* [orgmobile] the role of the index.org file
@ 2009-11-19 17:49 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-11-19 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hello again Richard,

I'd like to know what is the role of the index.org file. Does
orgmobile.orgcreate it? At first, I just pointed
orgmobile.org to my gtd.org file (which is my index file), but I started
having problems of synchronization and I didn't get the agenda view nor the
colored tag icons in the items, now I pointed to index.org and I get a link
to my gtd.org file and to the agenda view.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

* Re: [orgmobile] the role of the index.org file
@ 2009-11-19 17:59 ` Richard Moreland
From: Richard Moreland @ 2009-11-19 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

org-mobile-push creates index.org for you automatically.  MobileOrg uses it as a starting point from which it finds and fetches your other org files.  org-mobile-push also creates the agendas.org as well as a checksums.dat file so MobileOrg can avoid re-downloading files that haven't changed.

So yes, as you've discovered, the best way to go is to point MobileOrg at the generated index.org file and you should be all set.  As you add other org files to your agenda files list, they will be included in your MobileOrg sync as well.

-Richard

@ 2009-11-19 18:02   ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-11-19 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Moreland; +Cc: Org Mode

Thanks again, Richard.

Is there a way to change the name of the link? Currently it says "gtd/
gtd.org" and I'd like to change it to Projects & Next Actions. However, I
can't change the index.org directly as it is regenerated at each push. Any
ideas?

Marcelo.

@ 2009-11-19 18:10     ` Richard Moreland
From: Richard Moreland @ 2009-11-19 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Unfortunately you've crossed out of iPhone app territory and into the Emacs side where I can't help you very much.

My (hacky) solution would be to use a 'org-mobile-post-push-hook' to run a sed command on the generated index.org file to do your substitution.  I think this should work, but I'm sure there is a much smarter way to do it.

There's an example that scp's the generated files here:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Setting-up-the-staging-area.html#Setting-up-the-staging-area

You would probably do the same, except use a sed command instead of scp (since your files are staged directly to your mounted WebDAV folder).

-Richard