* non-destructive navigation/searching of org files (was Feature request: navigate history of folding views)
@ 2007-09-06 15:12 William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2007-09-06 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode

[Subject line changed to reflect broadened scope]

On 9/6/07, William Henney <whenney@gmail.com> wrote:
> One way that this could be improved (without implementing a history
> mechanism) would be if sparse trees were always created in indirect
> buffers, so the original view could be recovered. Would this be an
> easier solution to implement? It seems that "C-c C-j" (org-goto)
> already works in this sort of way (I only discovered org-goto a few
> days ago and I am rapidly falling in love with it).

Another option would be to expand on the abilities of org-goto. I just
discovered that "C-s" works in the *org-goto* buffer, which is great.
If "C-c /" would work there as well, that would just about have me
covered. Even better with a key binding of just "/"

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-09-06 15:12 UTC | newest]