* [beamer] frame arguments must be in envargs, not extra
@ 2010-01-07  0:10 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-01-07  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Carsten,

the documentation for beamer support,

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php

under the "Special properties" heading suggests that the BEAMER_extra
property can be used to specify options for the environment.  For
frames, trying for instance "[shrink=30]", this doesn't work.  It does
work if this option is placed in the BEAMER_envargs property instead.

I'm not sure where, if ever, you use the BEAMER_extra property?

Thanks again,
eric

* Re: [beamer] frame arguments must be in envargs, not extra
@ 2010-01-07  9:38 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-07  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:10 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Carsten,
>
> the documentation for beamer support,
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php
>
> under the "Special properties" heading suggests that the BEAMER_extra
> property can be used to specify options for the environment.
>  For
> frames, trying for instance "[shrink=30]", this doesn't work.

No, this is not what BEAMER_extra is for, this is the function
BEAMER_envargs.  BEAMER_extra is just plain LaTeX that will be inserted.

I don't this the document says differently, can you point out exactly
where you got this from?

- Carsten

>  It does
> work if this option is placed in the BEAMER_envargs property instead.
>
> I'm not sure where, if ever, you use the BEAMER_extra property?
>
> Thanks again,
> eric

- Carsten

* Re: [beamer] frame arguments must be in envargs, not extra
@ 2010-01-08  9:29   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-01-08  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:38:00 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:10 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> > the documentation for beamer support,
> >
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php
> >
> > under the "Special properties" heading suggests that the BEAMER_extra
> > property can be used to specify options for the environment.
> >  For
> > frames, trying for instance "[shrink=30]", this doesn't work.
>
> No, this is not what BEAMER_extra is for, this is the function
> BEAMER_envargs.  BEAMER_extra is just plain LaTeX that will be inserted.

Ah, okay.  That makes sense and BEAMER_envargs does indeed work.  Thanks!

> I don't this the document says differently, can you point out exactly
> where you got this from?

I guess it was me reading too much into what you say about the extra
property.  The problem is that it mentions frames so I thought it
could be used to modify frame behaviour.  However, anything placed in
BEAMER_extra doesn't actually end up right after the \begin{frame} but
instead is placed after the \frametitle directive.  I have no problem
with this but it is slightly inconsistent with the wording for
BEAMER_extra in that the extra text does not get placed immediately
after the environment start.

@ 2010-01-08 15:31     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> At Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:38:00 +0100,
> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:10 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>>> the documentation for beamer support,
>>>
>>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php
>>>
>>> under the "Special properties" heading suggests that the
>>> BEAMER_extra
>>> property can be used to specify options for the environment.
>>> For
>>> frames, trying for instance "[shrink=30]", this doesn't work.
>>
>> No, this is not what BEAMER_extra is for, this is the function
>> BEAMER_envargs.  BEAMER_extra is just plain LaTeX that will be
>> inserted.
>
> Ah, okay.  That makes sense and BEAMER_envargs does indeed work.
> Thanks!
>
>> I don't this the document says differently, can you point out exactly
>> where you got this from?
>
> I guess it was me reading too much into what you say about the extra
> property.  The problem is that it mentions frames so I thought it
> could be used to modify frame behaviour.  However, anything placed in
> BEAMER_extra doesn't actually end up right after the \begin{frame} but
> instead is placed after the \frametitle directive.  I have no problem
> with this but it is slightly inconsistent with the wording for
> BEAMER_extra in that the extra text does not get placed immediately
> after the environment start.

Yes.

That document is a bit outdated, I think the manual formulates this a
bit better already.

Actually, I am hoping very much that you and maybe a few other will turn
the Worg page into something much more useful, wit examples, tips and
tricks,
and whatnot.

- Carsten

> Thanks again,
> eric

- Carsten

* Re: [beamer] frame arguments must be in envargs, not extra
@ 2010-01-08 19:29       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-01-08 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:31:38 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Actually, I am hoping very much that you and maybe a few other will turn
> the Worg page into something much more useful, wit examples, tips and
> tricks,
> and whatnot.

Sure.  Once the hectic time of start of term (lectures start on
Monday) passes, I'll go through my recently prepared lecture notes and
will add any snippets and tips that could be useful to others.

@ 2010-01-08 19:55         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-08 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 8, 2010, at 8:29 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

>> Actually, I am hoping very much that you and maybe a few other will
>> turn
>> the Worg page into something much more useful, wit examples, tips and
>> tricks,
>> and whatnot.
>
> Sure.  Once the hectic time of start of term (lectures start on
> Monday) passes, I'll go through my recently prepared lecture notes and
> will add any snippets and tips that could be useful to others.
>
> eric

That would be great.

- Carsten