* Table formula bug? (TBLFM line populated, but C-c = prompt is empty)
@ 2015-11-23 19:07 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2015-11-23 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was just creating a table and using a formula, finding that C-c =
did not bring up the formula, but acted like I was inputting one for
the first time. I created a min-config and test file to see if this
was something related to my setup, but it seems I can reproduce.

Org-mode version 8.3.2 (release_8.3.2-338-g522ec9 @
/home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)

#+begin_src min-config
;; set load paths
;; set load dirs and global config options
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp")
#+end_src

Emacs started with =emacs -Q=, followed by =M-x load-file RET
~/Desktop/min-config RET=

#+begin_src table-test.org

* Headline

| something | something else |
|-----------+----------------|
|         1 |              3 |
|         2 |                |
|         3 |                |
|         4 |                |
#+TBLFM: $2=1+2

#+end_src

I created the contents in row 1 col 2 by entering "=1+2 RET". With
cursor in row 2 col 2, I press C-c = and see the attached (empty
prompt for a column 2 formula). If I type in 1+2 and press return, the
TBLFM line changes to:

#+TBLFM: $2=1+2::$$2=1+2

If I go to row 3 and C-c = again, pressing RET to accept the default
(maybe the formula is "stored" but just not displayed?), it changes to
(and nothing is put in row 3 col 2):

#+TBLFM: $$2=1+2

If I go to row 4 and do this one more time, pressing RET with empty
formula, it leaves an empty TBLFM line under the table.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

[-- Attachment #2: 2015-11-23_125815.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 35325 bytes --]

* Re: Table formula bug? (TBLFM line populated, but C-c = prompt is empty)
@ 2015-11-23 22:24 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-11-23 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> I was just creating a table and using a formula, finding that C-c =
> did not bring up the formula, but acted like I was inputting one for
> the first time. I created a min-config and test file to see if this
> was something related to my setup, but it seems I can reproduce.
>
> Org-mode version 8.3.2 (release_8.3.2-338-g522ec9 @
> /home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)
>
> #+begin_src min-config
> ;; set load paths
> ;; set load dirs and global config options
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/lisp/")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp")
> #+end_src
>
> Emacs started with =emacs -Q=, followed by =M-x load-file RET
> ~/Desktop/min-config RET=
>
> #+begin_src table-test.org
>
> * Headline
>
> | something | something else |
> |-----------+----------------|
> |         1 |              3 |
> |         2 |                |
> |         3 |                |
> |         4 |                |
> #+TBLFM: $2=1+2
>
> #+end_src
>
> I created the contents in row 1 col 2 by entering "=1+2 RET". With
> cursor in row 2 col 2, I press C-c = and see the attached (empty
> prompt for a column 2 formula). If I type in 1+2 and press return, the
> TBLFM line changes to:
>
> #+TBLFM: $2=1+2::$$2=1+2
>
> If I go to row 3 and C-c = again, pressing RET to accept the default
> (maybe the formula is "stored" but just not displayed?), it changes to
> (and nothing is put in row 3 col 2):
>
> #+TBLFM: $$2=1+2
>
> If I go to row 4 and do this one more time, pressing RET with empty
> formula, it leaves an empty TBLFM line under the table.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Table formula bug? (TBLFM line populated, but C-c = prompt is empty)
@ 2015-11-23 23:57   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2015-11-23 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy, emacs-orgmode

Confirmed fixed -- thanks!

John

@ 2015-11-24  0:18     ` Cook, Malcolm
From: Cook, Malcolm @ 2015-11-24  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'John Hendy', emacs-orgmode

I just noticed that upon editing a table formula, C-u C-c C-c was updating all but the first instance of formula (all but the first row).

Org-mode version 8.3.2

Could this be related issue?

@ 2015-11-24  1:29       ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2015-11-24  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cook, Malcolm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Cook, Malcolm <MEC@stowers.org> wrote:
> I just noticed that upon editing a table formula, C-u C-c C-c was updating all but the first instance of formula (all but the first row).
>
> Org-mode version 8.3.2
>
> Could this be related issue?

If it was, I can't reproduce it with the latest pull that fixed my
reported issue (I'm now on Org-mode version 8.3.2
(release_8.3.2-342-g50359f @ /home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)).

In my test, I used =$-1 + 2 for a column formula in row 1, populated
the column with C-u C-c C-c, and then changed row 3's entry to =$-1 +
3. Issuing C-u C-c C-c properly updated all rows.

John

@ 2015-11-24 18:11         ` Cook, Malcolm
From: Cook, Malcolm @ 2015-11-24 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'John Hendy'; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> > I just noticed that upon editing a table formula, C-u C-c C-c was updating all
 > but the first instance of formula (all but the first row).
 > >
 > > Org-mode version 8.3.2
 > >
 > > Could this be related issue?
 >
 > If it was, I can't reproduce it with the latest pull that fixed my
 > reported issue (I'm now on Org-mode version 8.3.2
 > (release_8.3.2-342-g50359f @ /home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)).
 >
 > In my test, I used =$-1 + 2 for a column formula in row 1, populated
 > the column with C-u C-c C-c, and then changed row 3's entry to =$-1 +
 > 3. Issuing C-u C-c C-c properly updated all rows.

Hi John - thanks - must be finger trouble on my end - I can no longer reproduce it (but have updated org just for good measure anyway).

~Malcolm