* feature request: checkboxes in tables
@ 2009-04-23  9:23 Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2009-04-23  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

I am wondering if it might be possible to allow check boxes in table
columns.  This I think might be useful to control how how many people
have done certain steps eg in the preparation of a conference.  I'd
expect this feature to work just like in item lists.  Anexample of
such a list might be:

| Name  | announcement made [2/4] | hotel booked [2/4] |
|-------+-------------------------+--------------------|
| Bill  | [ ]                     | [X]                |
| Jane  | [X]                     | [X]                |
| Jim   | [X]                     | [ ]                |
| Nancy | [ ]                     | [ ]                |

Might this be something worth implementing?

As always, many thanks to Carsten Dominik for this great mode.
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Dekan Philosophische Fakultät

* Re: feature request: checkboxes in tables
@ 2009-04-23  9:49 Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-04-23  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode], r.thiel

--- Gio 23/4/09, Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> ha scritto:
Rainer,

please have a look at the Bastien's column view tutorial:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-column-view-tutorial.php

section:"Adding summary-types for some properties "

HTH

Giovanni

* Re: feature request: checkboxes in tables
@ 2009-04-24  8:23 Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-04-24  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r.thiel; +Cc: org-mode emacs-orgmode

--- Gio 23/4/09, Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> ha scritto:
> grazie per aver risposto così presto.

Rainer,
keine Ursache.

> 2009/4/23 Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it>:
> >
> > --- Gio 23/4/09, Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de>
> > ha scritto:
> > > I am wondering if it might be possible to allow
> > > check boxes in table columns.
> > >
> > > | Name  | announcement made [2/4] | hotel booked [2/4] |
> > > |-------+-------------------------+--------------------|
> > > | Bill  | [ ]                     | [X]                |
> > > | Jane  | [X]                     | [X]                |
> > >
> > please have a look at the Bastien's column view
> > tutorial:
> >
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-column-view-tutorial.php
> >
> > section:"Adding summary-types for some properties "
>
> As far as I can see (but I may well have overlooked
> something),

:-(

> this
> describes only how to get a mark in the head of the table
> when ALL items are flagged,

???? :-(  :-(

> not how get a head entry dewcribing HOW
> MANY items are, which was what I was trying to do.
> I suspect  this is already
> possible, too, but so far I can't see how to do it.

Please
1) As written in the bottom of the mail:

2 ) Please, read more carefully Bastien's tutorial [1],

    [1] e.g. what does it mean "%9Approved(Approved?){X}"

    and also be so kind to have a look at Chapter 7 of the
    manual, specifically at paragraph 7.5!

Everything is clearly explained.

However this seems to be a solution for your question:

-------------------test.org---------------
      -*- mode: org; -*-
* [2009-04-24 ven] column view 4 Rainer
#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id "Conference"
| Name                                    | announcement made | hotel booked |
|-----------------------------------------+-------------------+--------------|
| * [2009-04-24 ven] column view 4 Rainer | [0/2]             | [2/2]        |
| ** Bill                                 | [ ]               | [X]          |
| ** Jane                                 | [ ]               | [X]          |
#+END:

:PROPERTIES:
:COLUMNS: %10ITEM(Name) %20Ann(announcement made){X/} %20Hotel(hotel booked){X/}
:ID: Conference
:Ann_ALL: "[ ]" "[X]"
:Hotel_ALL: "[ ]" "[X]"
:END: