* More convenient capture
@ 2010-02-16  4:05 Chao Lu
From: Chao Lu @ 2010-02-16  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I'm wondering if org could have the power to capture pictures like the
Evernote does? Although Evernote is far behind in other ways, but the
capture is really convenient, whichever software you are, just select the
content you want to save, and press Win+A, everything is done. I tried the
org-protocol, seems it could not deal with pictures?

Does anybody have good solutions?

Chao

* Re: More convenient capture
@ 2010-02-16  4:15 ` Chao Lu
From: Chao Lu @ 2010-02-16  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just clarified my thought, I guess what I'm seeking for is such a
function,

First, it could be called even outside emacs, globally.

Then, it could recognize what has been selected.

Thirdly, it prompt to user to inquire which org file should it store the
object to. Say, Humor.org

Then, it copy the object with certain name, say, Humor_Pic_2.jpg, and create
a link in the Humor.org. Done!

I'm just new to Emacs, so it anybody interested to help me to write out such
a function?

All the best,

Chao

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Chao Lu <loochao@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm wondering if org could have the power to capture pictures like the
> Evernote does? Although Evernote is far behind in other ways, but the
> capture is really convenient, whichever software you are, just select the
> content you want to save, and press Win+A, everything is done. I tried the
> org-protocol, seems it could not deal with pictures?
>
> Does anybody have good solutions?
>
> Chao

* Re: Re: More convenient capture
@ 2010-02-16 17:10   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-02-16 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao Lu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chao Lu <loochao@gmail.com> writes:
> I just clarified my thought, I guess what I'm seeking for is such a
> function,
>
> First, it could be called even outside emacs, globally.
>
> Then, it could recognize what has been selected.
>
> Thirdly, it prompt to user to inquire which org file should it store the
> object to. Say, Humor.org
>
> Then, it copy the object with certain name, say, Humor_Pic_2.jpg, and create
> a link in the Humor.org. Done!
>
> I'm just new to Emacs, so it anybody interested to help me to write out such
> a function?

Hi Chao,

maybe these show a way to go:

  - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php