* checklist and org-after-todo-statistics-hook
@ 2010-03-25 18:14 David Ellis
From: David Ellis @ 2010-03-25 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have the following in my .emacs file to automatically update the todo
state of a parent todo based on the number of completed children.

(defun org-summary-todo (n-done n-not-done)
  "Switch entry to DONE when all subentries are done, to TODO otherwise."
  (this is an unquoted list)
  (let (org-log-done org-log-states)   ; turn off logging
    (org-todo (if (= n-not-done 0)
                  "DONE"
                (if (= n-done 0) "TODO" "STARTED")))))

(add-hook 'org-after-todo-statistics-hook 'org-summary-todo)

I have started using checklists and notices that this hook does not get
called when the statistics cookie is updated.

For example, in the following, the parent todo state gets updated as the
statistics cookie is updated:

* STARTED Project 1 [1/3]
** DONE task 1
** TODO task 2
** TODO task 3

In the following example, the statistics are updated but the hook is not
called

* TODO Project 1 [1/3]
    - [X] task 1
    - [ ] task 2
    - [ ] task 3

Is it possible to change it to call the hook for the second example?

Dave

* Re: checklist and org-after-todo-statistics-hook
@ 2010-03-29  9:42 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-29  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Ellis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 25, 2010, at 7:14 PM, David Ellis wrote:

> I have the following in my .emacs file to automatically update the
> todo state of a parent todo based on the number of completed children.
>
> (defun org-summary-todo (n-done n-not-done)
>   "Switch entry to DONE when all subentries are done, to TODO
> otherwise."
>   (this is an unquoted list)
>   (let (org-log-done org-log-states)   ; turn off logging
>     (org-todo (if (= n-not-done 0)
>                   "DONE"
>                 (if (= n-done 0) "TODO" "STARTED")))))
>
> (add-hook 'org-after-todo-statistics-hook 'org-summary-todo)
>
> I have started using checklists and notices that this hook does not
> get called when the statistics cookie is updated.
>
> For example, in the following, the parent todo state gets updated as
> the statistics cookie is updated:
>
> * STARTED Project 1 [1/3]
> ** DONE task 1
> ** TODO task 2
> ** TODO task 3
>
> In the following example, the statistics are updated but the hook is
> not called
>
> * TODO Project 1 [1/3]
>     - [X] task 1
>     - [ ] task 2
>     - [ ] task 3
>
> Is it possible to change it to call the hook for the second example?

Hi Dave, there is a separate for this situation:

org-checkbox-statistics-hook

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: checklist and org-after-todo-statistics-hook
@ 2010-03-29 11:28 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-29 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Ellis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode