* The \only<> overlay in beamer
@ 2010-09-18 18:15 Rafael Calsaverini
From: Rafael Calsaverini @ 2010-09-18 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there.

I'm trying to use the \only<> command to produce a beamer presentation but
it seems that org-beamer filters out this. I've tried it in many different
ways, and didn't get the desired effect.

Particularly, I've tried the obviously wrong thing:
#+STARTUP:      beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [smaller, presentation]

* Foo
** Slide 1
\only<1> {
***  Block1     :B_block:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :BEAMER_env: block
     :END:
     - bla11
     - bla12
     - bla13
}
\only<2>{
***  Block2     :B_block:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :BEAMER_env: block
     :END:
     - bla21
     - bla22
     - bla23
}

Which obviously break-up. And I also tried what I believe would be a nice
syntax for this:

* Foo
** Slide 1
***  Block1    :B_block:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :BEAMER_envargs: \only<1>
     :BEAMER_env: block
     :END:
     - bla11
     - bla12
     - bla13

***  Block2     :B_block:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :BEAMER_envargs: \only<2>
     :BEAMER_env: block
     :END:
     - bla21
     - bla22
     - bla23

Apparently the parser just removes the "\only" and interprets this as <1>
and <2>. The resulting latex is exactly the same as if the "\only" wasn't
there.

Is there a way to use the "\only<>" overlay in a clean way?

Thank you very much.

---
Rafael Calsaverini
Dep. de Física Geral, Sala 336
Instituto de Física - Universidade de São Paulo

rafael.calsaverini@gmail.com
http://stoa.usp.br/calsaverini/weblog
CEL: (11) 7525-6222
USP: (11) 3091-6803

* Re: The \only<> overlay in beamer
@ 2010-09-29 16:12 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-09-29 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael Calsaverini; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 18, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Rafael Calsaverini wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I'm trying to use the \only<> command to produce a beamer
> presentation but it seems that org-beamer filters out this. I've
> tried it in many different ways, and didn't get the desired effect.
>
> Particularly, I've tried the obviously wrong thing:
> #+STARTUP:      beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [smaller, presentation]
>
> * Foo
> ** Slide 1
> \only<1> {
> ***  Block1     :B_block:
>      :PROPERTIES:
>      :BEAMER_env: block
>      :END:
>      - bla11
>      - bla12
>      - bla13
> }
> \only<2>{
> ***  Block2     :B_block:
>      :PROPERTIES:
>      :BEAMER_env: block
>      :END:
>      - bla21
>      - bla22
>      - bla23
> }
>
> Which obviously break-up. And I also tried what I believe would be a
> nice syntax for this:
>
> * Foo
> ** Slide 1
> ***  Block1    :B_block:
>      :PROPERTIES:
>      :BEAMER_envargs: \only<1>
>      :BEAMER_env: block
>      :END:
>      - bla11
>      - bla12
>      - bla13
>
> ***  Block2     :B_block:
>      :PROPERTIES:
>      :BEAMER_envargs: \only<2>
>      :BEAMER_env: block
>      :END:
>      - bla21
>      - bla22
>      - bla23
>
> Apparently the parser just removes the "\only" and interprets this
> as <1> and <2>. The resulting latex is exactly the same as if the
> "\only" wasn't there.
>
> Is there a way to use the "\only<>" overlay in a clean way?

What does \only do?

- Carsten

* Re: The \only<> overlay in beamer
@ 2010-09-29 16:21 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-09-29 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael Calsaverini; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 18, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Rafael Calsaverini wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I'm trying to use the \only<> command to produce a beamer
> presentation but it seems that org-beamer filters out this. I've
> tried it in many different ways, and didn't get the desired effect.
>
> Particularly, I've tried the obviously wrong thing:
> #+STARTUP:      beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [smaller, presentation]
>
> * Foo
> ** Slide 1
> \only<1> {
> ***  Block1     :B_block:
>      :PROPERTIES:
>      :BEAMER_env: block
>      :END:
>      - bla11
>      - bla12
>      - bla13
> }
> \only<2>{
> ***  Block2     :B_block:
>      :PROPERTIES:
>      :BEAMER_env: block
>      :END:
>      - bla21
>      - bla22
>      - bla23
> }
>
> Which obviously break-up. And I also tried what I believe would be a
> nice syntax for this:

Would it work to do

#+BEAMER: \only<1> {
#+BEAMER: }