* stuck project definition bug?
@ 2014-10-15 16:27 Alex Scherbanov
From: Alex Scherbanov @ 2014-10-15 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.
I’ve written a simple definition of a stuck project:
  (setq org-stuck-projects '("PROJECT" ("NEXT") nil nil))

This means that everything with a tag :PROJECT: without NEXT subtask is a stuck project.

I’d like this stuck project to be shown in the stuck project list:

* TODO my stuck project                                             :PROJECT:
** TODO subtask

But it is not shown there.

The interesting thing is that it is shown in the list if I remove the todo state from my stuck project.
Did I miss something while matching the tag or is it a project definition bug?
Thanks.

   Alex Scherbanov

* Re: stuck project definition bug?
@ 2014-10-18 12:55 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-10-18 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Scherbanov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Alex Scherbanov <alex@egotv.ru> writes:

> I’ve written a simple definition of a stuck project:
>   (setq org-stuck-projects '("PROJECT" ("NEXT") nil nil))
>
> This means that everything with a tag :PROJECT: without NEXT subtask is a stuck project.
>
> I’d like this stuck project to be shown in the stuck project list:
>
> * TODO my stuck project                                             :PROJECT:
> ** TODO subtask
>
> But it is not shown there.

I cannot reproduce it on latest Org, i.e., both tasks appear in the
stuck projects list.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: stuck project definition bug?
@ 2014-10-18 16:56   ` Alex Scherbanov
From: Alex Scherbanov @ 2014-10-18 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>  (setq org-stuck-projects '("PROJECT" ("NEXT") nil nil))
>> This means that everything with a tag :PROJECT: without NEXT subtask is a stuck project.
>>
>> * TODO my stuck project                                             :PROJECT:
>> ** TODO subtask
>>
>> But it is not shown there.
>
> I cannot reproduce it on latest Org, i.e., both tasks appear in the
> stuck projects list.

Hi, Nicolas.
I’sorry, I forgot to mention I’m on the maint branch.
I ran emacs -q and executed only lines that are needed for reproducing this problem.
And this definition of stuck projects worked indeed.

I’m trying to find what could break it for me.
Any ideas? Thanks.

@ 2014-10-19 11:18   ` Alex Scherbanov
From: Alex Scherbanov @ 2014-10-19 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>  (setq org-stuck-projects '("PROJECT" ("NEXT") nil nil))
>> This means that everything with a tag :PROJECT: without NEXT subtask is a stuck project.
>>
>> I’d like this stuck project to be shown in the stuck project list:
>>
>> * TODO my stuck project                                             :PROJECT:
>> ** TODO subtask
>>
>> But it is not shown there.
>
> I cannot reproduce it on latest Org, i.e., both tasks appear in the
> stuck projects list.

Hi, Nicolas.
I found the cause.
   (setq org-enforce-todo-dependencies t)
   (setq org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks ‘invisible)
This hides my stuck project from the list because it depends on a subtask.

I set it to dim, not to hide, that’s enough for now.
Thanks.