* automatically kill html buffer after org-export
@ 2010-02-12  6:00 Livin Stephen Sharma
From: Livin Stephen Sharma @ 2010-02-12  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org-mode-help gnu gnu

I find the html [and probably tex, etc] buffers that org-export generates during "export as html and open file in browser" to get in the way quite a lot
 - i end up having to frequently kill them to reduce keystrokes required when selecting the buffer I want to switch to.

If a user *wants* the buffer to linger post-export, perhaps a C-u prefix could enable that? [just a suggestion!]

This would be a great convenience to have.
 Especially since I prefer to use iswitch-buffer (instead of 'org-iswitchb).

[ have only started using org-mode in everyday-work very recently ]

Livin Stephen Sharma

* Re: automatically kill html buffer after org-export
@ 2010-02-21  8:19 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-21  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Livin Stephen Sharma; +Cc: emacs-org-mode-help gnu gnu

Hi Livin,

if you update from git, you can now do

    (setq org-export-kill-product-buffer-when-displayed t)

to get this effect.

HTH

- Carsten

On Feb 12, 2010, at 7:00 AM, Livin Stephen Sharma wrote:

> I find the html [and probably tex, etc] buffers that org-export
> generates during "export as html and open file in browser" to get in
> the way quite a lot
> - i end up having to frequently kill them to reduce keystrokes
> required when selecting the buffer I want to switch to.
>
> If a user *wants* the buffer to linger post-export, perhaps a C-u
> prefix could enable that? [just a suggestion!]
>

> This would be a great convenience to have.
> Especially since I prefer to use iswitch-buffer (instead of 'org-
> iswitchb).
>
> [ have only started using org-mode in everyday-work very recently ]
>

> Livin Stephen Sharma

- Carsten