* Additional Export options
@ 2010-03-13 15:02 srinivas
From: srinivas @ 2010-03-13 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a few questions (or possible requests) regarding the
export/publish capability.

1) Is there a way to get the buffer name or file name to be output as
a keyword? I would like to know the source file used to publish the
content. This would result in the filename being part of the
post-amble along with author nfo and creation date.

For example:
#+OPTION: filename:t

2) Is there a way to set a pattern for export file name? For example,
if my org file is called project-notes.org, when publishing notes on a
given date, I would like to have the flexiblity to name the output
where YYYY-MM-DD is the export date.

This could be specified in an option. For example:

#+EXPORT_OPTION: output: <filename>-<export-date>-<author>-NTS.<ext>

PS. I have seen a thread where this was briefly discussed using
options as drawer properties - :EXPORT_DATE:. In this scenario the
export date was hard coded. I want to have the flexibility to use the
actual publish instead of hard coding it.

* Re: Additional Export options
@ 2010-03-16 15:00 ` srinivas
From: srinivas @ 2010-03-16 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am checking in to see if anyone has any suggestions on achieving the above
results.

Thanks in advance.
Srinivas

* Re: Additional Export options
@ 2010-03-19 17:53 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-19 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srinivas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

the facilities you are asking for do not exist.  You can use the macro

{{{input-file}}}

to get the source file name, and there are similar macros for
modification-time, time, and date, and you can specify the format for
time and date.

This is not well documented, but the release notes for 6.24 talk about
this.

- Carsten